Constant squeak/Crackle from new Carado PVC (1 Viewer)

iirsii

Free Member
Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540
Hello,
I hope someone could help identify the cause with she squeak on my PVC. It's Carado made 2023 and it has had load of issues since I bought it. Unfortunately I took a longer trip with the van after only owning it only for couple of months and I have no access to dealer until June.

There has been issues with the build (Insides of the van) on the furniture, with cable lines, lining of the internal walls and with the floor. Most of the issues I have been able to manage and the noises or broken pieces that can be managed without tearing the interior down.

On the body level there has been so far issues with the sliding door (not aligning and not closing) and rear brakes.

So for the issue now that I haven't been able to fix. There is constant squeak while driving even on smooth road, but it's not rhythmic sound so it seems that it's not coming from the rear brakes. The sound can be only heard on move and it can be heard louder while braking and accelerating, but even the constant driving causes small squeak/crackle that sounds that it's coming from the top corner of the sliding door, but sometimes it sounds like it's coming from beneath the bed but on the sliding door side. I have tried driving the door open only small distances and I can still hear the squeak, so I am assuming it's not coming from the door. Also everything else on the sliding door has been lubricated, but not the rollers or the track. In my understanding it's better not to lubricate these pieces so they are rolling properly.

I have also read about the bushings on leaf springs that can wear down, but so far dry or wet weather is not making much of difference. Only when the van sounds a bit quieter is when it has been parked for a while and then I start driving. Usually it takes 1-5km until the sound is back in full extent. This has been also the reason why I am assuming it's coming from the body rather than the interior build.

I heard really loud creak while driving unleveled angle in slow speed about 2 months ago and since then the sound has been present all the time even in smooth road, but I do not see any structural damage anywhere.

I have attached video of it. In the video due the quality it sounds more like rattle, but it's actually quite crisp squeak and the road wasn't that rough.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:

I can't hear anything in the video.
You say you are away but for the van side of things, the sliding door & brakes you can take it into any Fiat dealer and get it sorted. That would then eliminate those problems.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Can't hear anything other than normal squeaks and rattles that you get with most vans, as Lenny has said a Fiat dealer is your first port of call if its relating to the base vehicle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
If the squeak/rattle happens with all the blinds open, close them if it goes away open them one by one and find the noisy one! Just trying to help šŸ‘šŸ˜

OP
OP
iirsii

iirsii

Free Member
Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540
If the squeak/rattle happens with all the blinds open, close them if it goes away open them one by one and find the noisy one! Just trying to help šŸ‘šŸ˜
Thanks for the tip! I have gone closed and open, but it's not effecting that. Thought there might be small improvement in general sound of the car which I am quite all right.

OP
OP
iirsii

iirsii

Free Member
Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540
Can't hear anything other than normal squeaks and rattles that you get with most vans, as Lenny has said a Fiat dealer is your first port of call if its relating to the base vehicle

I hope I have just gotten too sensitive with all the issue that have emerged and it's something that supposes to be. It just seemed to be way more quiet before the loud creak couple of months ago. Basic rattle and crunches, but not constant crisp squeak.

I have been quite hesitant of taking it on the Fiat dealer, but thanks for the tip and encouraging. I will call them around to see time for appointment.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It sounds more like the cabinets creaking inside probably two cabinets rubbing and not fixed together correctly šŸ¤”šŸ˜Š

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
It sounds normal to me! Our blind frames in the cab were awful & squeaky. I stuffed bits of foam in the gaps at various places & it sorted it. All vans rattle & squeak to a certain extent, & you gradually fix & identify most of them over time. The others I turn up the radio! The one that drives me mad is when my husband hangs up the dog lead without tucking it behind the handle - tap, tap, tapā€¦.!

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Where the table connects to the wall bracket was an issue for us. Maybe wipe a bit of dry silicone spray on areas that might rub?

OP
OP
iirsii

iirsii

Free Member
Feb 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540
It sounds more like the cabinets creaking inside probably two cabinets rubbing and not fixed together correctly šŸ¤”šŸ˜Š
Thanks a lot for the tip. I took some time yesterday to look in this and there was cabinets aligning on the side wall quite badly and applying pressure from right angle I was able to hear similar sound. It's the same wall I have had issues already since factory, but most likely these cabinets live quite much as you do miles with the van so might be irrelevant to that.

Could not take a test drive yet, but at least the cabinets are checked whether it's the reason or not

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks a lot for the tip. I took some time yesterday to look in this and there was cabinets aligning on the side wall quite badly and applying pressure from right angle I was able to hear similar sound. It's the same wall I have had issues already since factory, but most likely these cabinets live quite much as you do miles with the van so might be irrelevant to that.

Could not take a test drive yet, but at least the cabinets are checked whether it's the reason or not
If you just put a couple of short screws into the adjoining cabinet that should do the trick šŸ¤”šŸ˜Š

Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning oneā€¦
Not the rubber seal on sliding door? Rubbing against door,
Iā€™m investigating aqueak on new Ducato in similar area.

TC3

Jul 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540 Pro
Just picked our cv540 pro up last Thursday and on a lil trip. Can not say I can hear any sort of rattles or squeaks that I would not expect in a pvc van conversion. The sounds are there but I did not expect a quite van of any sort
Hope you get to the bottom of whats annoying you. Carado UK FB page might be a good place to ask about these things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back