A14029F4-CEEE-43DF-8532-9777F6C2FEDE.jpeg

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
When we moved to Switzerland years ago my son found a conker tree on the first day and collected a huge bag of conkers. He was so excited. Went to school and no one was the slightest bit interested. What a disappointment for him :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I don't know.
With a great big boulder in the corner (at least thats how the spider would view it) there's no corner to hide in!

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I think your missis is having you on ,does she giggle when she’s placing them😃

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I don't know.
With a great big boulder in the corner (at least thats how the spider would view it) there's no corner to hide in!
We tried them in our house but they didn't scare the spiders off unless you threw the conkers at them :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Yep, they are just left laying in the roads or on the pavements, kids can't play at school so the 'market' has gone!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
As kids, we didn't have any conker trees locally, so got a mate's Dad to drive us a few miles where we knew we would find some, proper adventure !
Getting them home, we put a hole through them using a square nail, the type used for horse shoes and threaded them into a leather shoe lace. Some got "pickled" in vinegar and put on the hearth to harden them up for the battles at school !
I remember the we used to call the flat ones "cheesers" good for attack, but not so good in defence !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
She puts them in the corner of the rooms at home to ward off spiders.
I've been doing that for 20 years because spiders give me the heeby-jeebies and I can't sleep in a room where I've seen one.
I think it stems from my youth when for 4 years (aged 8 to 12) I had to sleep on a wooden frame with webbing that my Dad made and was fitted over the bath each night . Every morning there was a girt great spider in the bath. He later put some boards down in the loft and I slept up there on a camp bed but the loft was full of spiders which scuttled off behind the rafters when I got to the top of the ladder and turned on the lead light.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've been doing that for 20 years because spiders give me the heeby-jeebies and I can't sleep in a room where I've seen one.
I think it stems from my youth when for 4 years (aged 8 to 12) I had to sleep on a wooden frame with webbing that my Dad made and was fitted over the bath each night . Every morning there was a girt great spider in the bath. He later put some boards down in the loft and I slept up there on a camp bed but the loft was full of spiders which scuttled off behind the rafters when I got to the top of the ladder and turned on the lead light.
Did you also look forward to the first snows of winter, shouting "Come on Dad, it's snowing, you know the deal, let me back in !" :LOL:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Are you sure you weren't in the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back