Clutch plate stuck? (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift 620 Fiat Ducat
Hi all.
Having had very light use this year of the Swift Fiat Ducati 620, 04 plate
, the clutch plate is stuck.
I can put her into gear with the engine off and move when started but can’t come out of gear when running.
The clutch is moving in the engine but I can only see a gear-like bit between that and the engine block and I’m assuming that’s where the issue is- that it’s corroded from lack of use?
Does this sound right? And what can I do to sort it, other than have a very difficult journey to the garage in the one gear.
Thank you for reading this epistle!

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
If the pedal feels normal ,it is possibly the clutch plate that has stuck to the clutch cover or flywheel ...not uncommon in a vehicle that has been left standing for a several months .
If you can be sure that the pedal is doing what it should IE press pedal while someone under van observes lever on side of bell housing(front engine end of gearbox) is moving ,Then first thing if you have breakdown cover call them if they know what they are doing they should free it in a couple of minutes,if no breakdown cover and reasonably confident,put in first or reverse depending on where parked ,foot hard on break pull as hard as poss handbrake lever on ,keep foot on brake other foot on clutch hard down BRIEFLY FLIC KEY TO START ( Should try to move van and not turn engine repeat several times or until engine turns over/starts,if unsuccessful after several tries,it can be freed by starting van in gear or starting van and forcing into gear but would get someone with knowledge to do this

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
An 04 Ducato will have the clutch slave cylinder at the top of the gearbox, not underneath look into engine bay on right hand side to see it.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hit it with a hammer 🤷‍♀️ always my first option

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Done many of these over the years, simplest way if the vehicle is on the road is to get the engine fully up to temp, switch off and select first gear with hand brake off and clutch fully depressed and operate starter, if it’s only slightly stuck that will release it, if vehicle moves off still keeping you foot on the clutch keep accelerating and braking hard,
There another way if this isn’t successful slightly more vigorous 😁

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
A
Done many of these over the years, simplest way if the vehicle is on the road is to get the engine fully up to temp, switch off and select first gear with hand brake off and clutch fully depressed and operate starter, if it’s only slightly stuck that will release it, if vehicle moves off still keeping you foot on the clutch keep accelerating and braking hard,
There another way if this isn’t successful slightly more vigorous 😁
Advice I would not give to an unknown person for safety reasons

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back