Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
I’m thinking if buying a 2019 Chausson 630 and wanted to know if anyone owns one can help me out with a few questions also trying to find out if I could see one in Essex as I have placed a deposit but dealer is 4 hours away and want to make sure it’s what we want.

All comments greatly appreciated

Sep 8, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia / Adria
Exp
Make sure it has had all its habitation checks completed on time so that the 7 year warranty is still in place. Also ask to see all the damp check reports.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Since 2019
If you go on the Chausson owners group on Fb, someone will be able to help you. Friendly bunch.

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We owned a 630 until March this year. Make sure you check for damp in and around the interior of the garage doors. We loved the space of the living area but never quite got on with the small kitchen. The shower looks spacious but beware the shower control as it sticks out into the shower space quite a bit and you can knock it when moving. The space in the wardrobe is awesome and we never filled it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Thankyou for replying How did you get on with storage ie food utensils and electric beds, do you need a solar panel to keep charged

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thankyou for replying How did you get on with storage ie food utensils and electric beds, do you need a solar panel to keep charged
We had a solar panel fitted which helped with the power usage.

Food we stored in the cupboard below the sink and under the fridge. Utensils we kept in the drawer below the bit of workspace next to the sofa. Plates & mugs were in the cupboards above the kitchen along with lightweight food stuufs. Pans we kept in the cupboard above the fridge. We had a glass storage bag in the wardrobe for wine/gin glasses. We had a plastic box that held the wine/gin bottles in the gap under the sofa on the passenger side.

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thanks very helpfull
Any regrets
Good or bad things
Thanks in advance
We enjoyed the van while we had it, we just decided we wanted something a bit bigger for retirement as we'll be spending more time in it.

It was a spacious, bright & airy van.

If we'd kept it I think we would have upgraded the seating cushions and maybe removed the fixed table.

I hope you enjoy owning yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Hiya yes the damp was in the garage on both sides by the rear wheels , the dealer tried a couple of times to repair but the damp was still evident! The measurements where 90% . Damp was also in the rear garage door, so much so that when opening and closing the door water could be heard rushing up and down trapped between the two panels. The dealers technician said they were all like it !
I now have a Dethleffs which I’ve had for 3years now and all seems to be ok ! Hope that’s not the kiss of death ! Fingers crossed,Just had habitation carried last week for the 3rd year from new .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Hiya yes the damp was in the garage on both sides by the rear wheels , the dealer tried a couple of times to repair but the damp was still evident! The measurements where 90% . Damp was also in the rear garage door, so much so that when opening and closing the door water could be heard rushing up and down trapped between the two panels. The dealers technician said they were all like it !
I now have a Dethleffs which I’ve had for 3years now and all seems to be ok ! Hope that’s not the kiss of death ! Fingers crossed,Just had habitation carried last week for the 3rd year from new .
Thanks for the information

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Since 2019
We have a 640 2021 and had damp in the lounge area both side under windows. The walls were replaced under warranty, the windows needed resealing, so far so good, check everytime we get heavy rain. However, we love our 640, very spacious, comfy bed. We have removed the large table and now have a foldable freestanding one.
We have upplated ours as when fully loaded with a 30kg dog we weigh about 11kg over.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
We have a 640 2021 and had damp in the lounge area both side under windows. The walls were replaced under warranty, the windows needed resealing, so far so good, check everytime we get heavy rain. However, we love our 640, very spacious, comfy bed. We have removed the large table and now have a foldable freestanding one.
We have upplated ours as when fully loaded with a 30kg dog we weigh about 11kg over.
Thanks for info Sadly can’t uplate so have to stay within 3500kg

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2023
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Only since April 2024 (but caravanning since 2020)
I’m thinking if buying a 2019 Chausson 630 and wanted to know if anyone owns one can help me out with a few questions also trying to find out if I could see one in Essex as I have placed a deposit but dealer is 4 hours away and want to make sure it’s what we want.

All comments greatly appreciated
Katie, I'm looking at the 630 myself right now because I think the layout looks exactly what we want. I like the longitudinal couches. And the twin longitudinal single beds look ideal too. Especially because they operate individually, and allow an early riser to get up and use their side of the lounge, make a cuppa, no climbing over one another or go outside! (That's me while the missus usually has a lie in! 🤭) And the washroom and wardrobe clinch this layout for me.

The damp issue raised by a few concerns me though. How have you found your Chausson?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back