Chair carrier adapt bike carrier (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
Every time we go away, the chairs go in the shower! We have a 2022 AS Nuevo with a towbar bike carrier (two e-bikes). The issue is that when want to take our two large outdoor folding seats (Quest ragleys, very comfortable) they have to go in the shower. We have mounting points on the back of the van for Fiamma pro c bike rack and me thinks there must be enough space to adapt this to carry the two chairs and carry the bikes on tow hook.

Anyone done this and have a picture? Would love to get rid of the rattle in the shower.

BOOMEL

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Bike rack some bungies and a waterproof cover? There are ones for sale on here from time to time.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
IMG-20230607-WA0002.jpg

I fastened the spare wheel to the outside of the bike rack.
Folded down you can still use the rack for 2 bikes, I checked that load was still OK
(y)

OP
OP
BOOMEL
Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
Yes but the issue is I need to have space to put the bikes on the tower so the chairs need to go fairly high up
bikes chair.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What about with a three bike carrier, two chairs, two bikes?
He's already got a 3 bike towbar rack so put the bikes on the outer 2 rails and use the inside one for the chairs.

If the chairs won't go one in front of the other then extend the rail to put them side by side lengthways. The lower bike mounting rail should permit some form of secure attachment to be made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BOOMEL
Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
He's already got a 3 bike towbar rack so put the bikes on the outer 2 rails and use the inside one for the chairs.

If the chairs won't go one in front of the other then extend the rail to put them side by side lengthways. The lower bike mounting rail should permit some form of secure attachment to be made.
I like that idea, however I have bikes and pushing them further out will increase weight on tow bar?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I like that idea, however I have bikes and pushing them further out will increase weight on tow bar?
I get that however I would have thought the towbar & rack would be okay with the bikes being further back as overall the 2 chairs aren't likely to be as heavy as carrying a 3rd bike which is what your carrier is made for.

What's the max for your tow ball?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back