CBE DS470 - CA, Last 6 parts of the wiring jigsaw!!!

Catfishingboa

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 51QB
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Everyone, hope you are all enjoying the sun

Just wondered if anyone could help me with the last parts of wiring a CBE DS470 - CA 12v distribution box for my Carthage E line 51 please.

Long story, but I will give you the short version to save time - I have been let down by a motor home repair man who removed my existing distribution box as it was faulty, after 6 weeks I was not getting anywhere with to fix it, so I have managed to source and fit one tonight, most of it is plug and play, however I have a few wires / connectors left over and more sockets / spade terminals to plug them on.

This box is unique to Carthage, hence the CA in the DS470 name.

Wires Left
3 female spade connectors - red wire, grey wire and yellow wire
5 spades in the box FA2, FA3, FA21, FA4 & FA5

2 black plugs with 4 wires in both, white, brown, grey & yellow (top left of photo)
4 sockets J13, J14, J15 & J16

1 white double plug but with only 1 blue wire
2 white sockets in the centre of the box ( in middle of photo)

hope this makes sense and would appreciate if someone could help or take a photo of theirs which is complete.

we are going on holiday this Thursday - or not

Many thanks in anticipation

Andrew

5222FF0C-C1F6-4146-8AEB-DD4F75F3F870.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Evening Andrew, just spotted this question, and its not a good place to start any definitive answers, shame no pictures were taken before the old distribution box was removed, but thats easy to say now, I know.
1st: are you a member of COC? Carthago Owners group?, £10 a year membership, ask the same question and take more pictures maybe someone on there can either help or point you in the right direction to someone who can.

2nd: Go onto the Carthago Website, find the tech dept, send them a detailed description & photos of your Dist Board, they may help and usualy respond in about 48 hours of receipt of question.
I think I can see two sockets beneath the Blue/green plug on the board, but difficult to see as I am not there, there should be large male spade connectors on the board also to receive the other loose single wires, but without a wiring diagram I would be loathed to just plug them in.

I did post some questions up to Carthago when we first discovered some spare/loose wires that were behind the radio head unit and they did answer my questions, albeit in a short direct fashion. I ended up having to trace them back myself in the end.
Carthago should be able to e-mail you a circuit diagram, as its out of warranty now, so no need to protect their dealerships from losing any business....he says hopefully.
Keep us posted on how it goes, but there is no immediate answer route that I can offer you at this stage.
LES

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Only just seen this I have a Carthargo with the same box I can take some pictures in the morning and send them via WhatsApp if you like or even a video give me a call
07770 996726

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Catfishingboa

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 51QB
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your support, this afternoon the chap who removed it has sent me some photos before he took the old one out.

Panic over as I have managed to plug it all back and everything works as it should.

Steve thanks for offering to take some photos, hope you see reply before the morning👍

Look like we will get away to the Peak District

Thanks again for your support.
Regards
Andrew

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Thanks for all your support, this afternoon the chap who removed it has sent me some photos before he took the old one out.

Panic over as I have managed to plug it all back and everything works as it should.
Great to hear you've solved the problem. Sometime, after your trip maybe, you could post some pictures that you found useful. Others in the future will be grateful for them, I'm sure.

Upvote 0

MikePilot

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 64XL QB MB
Hi Everyone, hope you are all enjoying the sun

Just wondered if anyone could help me with the last parts of wiring a CBE DS470 - CA 12v distribution box for my Carthage E line 51 please.

Long story, but I will give you the short version to save time - I have been let down by a motor home repair man who removed my existing distribution box as it was faulty, after 6 weeks I was not getting anywhere with to fix it, so I have managed to source and fit one tonight, most of it is plug and play, however I have a few wires / connectors left over and more sockets / spade terminals to plug them on.

This box is unique to Carthage, hence the CA in the DS470 name.

Wires Left
3 female spade connectors - red wire, grey wire and yellow wire
5 spades in the box FA2, FA3, FA21, FA4 & FA5

2 black plugs with 4 wires in both, white, brown, grey & yellow (top left of photo)
4 sockets J13, J14, J15 & J16

1 white double plug but with only 1 blue wire
2 white sockets in the centre of the box ( in middle of photo)

hope this makes sense and would appreciate if someone could help or take a photo of theirs which is complete.

we are going on holiday this Thursday - or not

Many thanks in anticipation

Andrew

View attachment 502541

2023-04-24 12.41.51.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MikePilot

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 64XL QB MB
This is from my Carthago E Line. It may be of help selecting the correct locations for your connections.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back