Carpets that are no longer in the new van I bought, could someone give me a retailer that makes them, as the buttons are still on the vynal (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
I think this place comes out to you and makes the carpets at your home or you can visit. A long way from Bury St Edmunds though. They have good reviews. I'm going to use them when I get my van in March.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I live in Bury St Edmunds, so somewhere not too far away for these carpets please >
Any decent carpet shop should be able to edge bind carpets, the hard bit is getting the carpet to fit properly in the floor space without the old carpet as a template. You might need some big cardboard to make templates, or a roll of cheap wallpaper and stick a few bits together. The buttons can be fitted and diy packs are available

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When you say they aren't in the van anymore, where they in it when you brought it?

Just go back and ask for them, if it was a dealer or private shouldn't be to hard
From her other posts, she hasn't bought it yet , so why not ask the dealer if he can do it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
I chose the Premium quality ones they offer and it was £305 ,which I didn't think was bad for the size of my van and it included the cab carpet
Initially I paid £2.50 for their sample pack which gives you a wide range of colours in 2 different qualities and a quote for the carpets ,you give them your make and model of van when you apply for samples

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I was going to use Crusader Carpet Services in Redditch last year, but fancied a challenge, so bought a length of carpet from the local Tapi Carpets & Floors, cut some templates from cartridge paper to go around the fixtures and fitting. Having cut the carpet, I then had the edges whipped by the person that the local Tapi use.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
When you say they aren't in the van anymore, where they in it when you brought it?

Just go back and ask for them, if it was a dealer or private shouldn't be to hard
Ive only paid deposit, and at present not taken delivery due to inspection to be done so at present when I saw it, there were not any in the van

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
From her other posts, she hasn't bought it yet , so why not ask the dealer if he can do it?
Ive just contacted the Brokerage, Motorhome.Dept. and they believe, these owners never had them either !
So now I have to take the van to Redditch nearest ? i live in Suffulk, and would love something nearer, if anyone knows ?
Also no threads on the best Engineering Inspection RACE AA MAGIC? I wont buy unless it ticks all boxes, solo lady, on her own, I need to be reassured, when I drive it, that it will be ok

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
I too have had new carpets made at KUSTOM SPORT and agree they are 1st class. They made carpets for a lot of M/H manufactures and have templates for most. They are based in Barnsley. Very quick service and the carpets are better than the originals.
Give them a ring and they will tell you if they have the templates for yours.
Cheers, Dave

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ive just contacted the Brokerage, Motorhome.Dept. and they believe, these owners never had them either !
So now I have to take the van to Redditch nearest ? i live in Suffulk, and would love something nearer, if anyone knows ?
Also no threads on the best Engineering Inspection RACE AA MAGIC? I wont buy unless it ticks all boxes, solo lady, on her own, I need to be reassured, when I drive it, that it will be ok
You could have it inspected today and it could blow up tomorrow, no one can say what's going to happen.
You could get one of the mechanical insurance things but they are far from fool proof.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
You could have it inspected today and it could blow up tomorrow, no one can say what's going to happen.
You could get one of the mechanical insurance things but they are far from fool proof.
I think with a past mistake, I am going to be careful. Woman alone etc, plus my family are very unsure about me partaking in another motorhome, (but it is my DREAM) so doing it for their sakes as well really ! hah

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2023
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Do you really need carpets?we took ours out when new to keep them good for when the van is sold on, they are cream coloured and not very practical for every day use, we bought a carpet runner and a couple of mats for the door area and find they are adequate and easier to clean.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back