Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Love German Brot With some nice cheese.
What's your average spend for campsites per night.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Love German Brot With some nice cheese.
What's your average spend for campsites per night.
It's working out at 25 pounds a night ACSI rates.
First campsite was 7 euros a night in tax !
The last 2 (we are only staying in 3) are 5.40 per night in tax (for 2)
Aires, if you can find them, are upwards of 18 euros (we have only seen 2 and done 1200 miles on the bike)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Done the nochalmstrasse a few times Jon, I hope you rang the bell half way round😉👍👍
We didn't.
It looked as if they needed paying and we had a coach load of old age camponoligists in front of us.
Photo was good enough.
I presume something about good luck to ring it ?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Just the one today but oh so worthy.
An alpine road. It's not the glossglockner but it's not far off it.
Some googling and YouTube will give you a better picture but here's my attempt.

Journal entry 'Nockholmstraße Kärnten Card' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/nockholmstraße-kärnten-card.499/
I seem to remember a small Porsche museum up near Gmund, 🤔🤔

I think it takes the KC😉👍👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I seem to remember a small Porsche museum up near Gmund, 🤔🤔

I think it takes the KC😉👍👍
It does, we decided against it today because we think we are going that way again to another something or other and the weather indicate the possibility of an afternoon ish on the beach with a beer. We made it with beer but the weather only turned up for 20 minutes.
There is a reptile place near where we finished as well but we think that will double up with the cable car again on a nice day

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
3 entries today after none yesterday as they wouldn't let us take photos in the Millstat badehouse spa. Rest assured, it wasn't KC but we also have a Millstattersee card (which was free) and it gave us nearly 20 euros discount each and was 43 euros for the pair of us for the whole day. Only 5 saunas but an infusion each hour and plenty rest area and swimming in lake next to a mountain spring so that was cold !

Anyway number 1 today

Just off the Malta High Alpine Road and 1000m from the archery is a free (no KC required) gorge type walk up the side of a river with a series of quite impressive waterfalls.
There is ample parking and a small picnic table then you can see the... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/gössfall-waterfall-series-in-gorge-like-walk.502/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
2 today.
Bonsai museum and a glacier cable car ride

Number 1

Because we were staying nearby this was always a secondary hit.
But we both sort of fancied it. Something about growing up with Ralph Macchios teacher looking after his bonsai tree.
It's a fair bit up the hill from Seeboden, further than we... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/bonsai-museum-seeboden.503/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
3 entries today, one of which is not great (the museum) a cable car and a boat cruise for the others.

First up cable car
A very warm day today so cable car required to rise up for lesser temperatures.
Not the nearest one to us but it was on a pleasant fast road..... so we thought.
We passed the Nockemsteaße and carried on to see a 23% incline.
No problem thinks... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/panoramabahn-turracher-höhe-kärnten-card.505/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Couple of entries on here today.
Porsche museum and another cable car.
I LL also update the crossing without a vignette entry later today or tomorrow but we have moved on to Salzburg so I will start another journal and put a link in here for it. Salzburg to Calais throughnal. We don't know which way yet but Nuremberg route is already planned for cycling. We did the Danube last year so likely to be parts of the alpinestraße and I fancy the Rhein falls and I have my eye on a brewery stopover and the route des cretes in Alsace while we have the motorbike with us

Having passed it a couple of times we decided it was worthy.
Parking is to the left of museum and french style parking advisable.
There is a 22 minute intro video in english which to our non motoring interested minds it was enlightening

Lots... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/porsche-museum-kärnten-card.509/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
The new Salzburg to Calais throughnal is created.

Nothing there yet.

I LL start a new thread when I post Salzburg which we did today from a sterling 12 euros Aire on a farm within ebike distance of the town on a nice flat route in along the river (so we are told

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Our 32 nights in Carinthia cost us 866 euros for overnight stays which were all on camp sites. 150 of those euros were in tax. We got electric, water, showers, wifi, swimming in a lake or pool at each one.
That is 732 pounds sterling or 22.87 a night.

Motorbike travel was 1634 miles discounting 15 of the last fill up as we have a full spare tank of petrol it cost us 117 euros which equates to about 101 to the gallon if the average price was 1.60 per litre (about right) Total of 99 pounds.

Carinthia card cost us 168 euros. We had 3 days left on it and 4 days we didn't use it. Only went to one place (pyramid) twice and value of our entries was 1564 euros.
We reckon that is cracking value for 142 pounds sterling.

Total 975 pounds sterling for the pair of us (plus diesel here and back 430 pounds estimate to the sleepy suburbs of the surrey/Hants border) (and 230 return ferry)

Not our usual tight fisted holiday but we reckon good value for money.

There were a couple of things on the Carinthia card we missed out on which was a high cable car near the Glossglockner but it was 91 KMs away and a mining trip (which looked good) but we were cable car outed at the end.

You also get discount off the glossglockner but it only amounts to about 4 euros and we have done it before.

We also got a worthersee card and a millstatter card when we were at those campsites for the duration of our stay. They give you a discount off the stuff we got for free BUT they give you free access to the beaches and free train travel on local train as far as lienz. We also saved 40 euros at the millstater badehouse sauna and spa with the millstater card.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
Err, I wasn't asking what the photo of you by the heart was about Jon! I wondered why on earth the heart sculpture was there, did some world famous cardiologist I've probably never heard of live in that strasse?

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Err, I wasn't asking what the photo of you by the heart was about Jon! I wondered why on earth the heart sculpture was there, did some world famous cardiologist I've probably never heard of live in that strasse?
No idea.
That is the reason we took the photo though !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back