Caravan Salon Adria Twin 2025 (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Hello, I love reading all the helpful posts on motorhome fun and hope the community can help me as a ‘newbie’. I’m currently in Düsseldorf at the Caravan Salon and would like to place an order today for 2025 Adria Twin. I have previously read on here how easy it is to import and I prefer LHD because of European travels. The Adria salesperson said the van will be ready Feb/March, no deposit required now, but full payment including VAT required about 2 weeks before picking up the van, and they will refund the vat once confirmed payment of vat in the UK. He said they have to cover their risk if I don’t show them confirmation of any vat payment. I assumed the dealer would accept payment minus the vat, I drive the van to the UK, VAT is paid in the UK within 2 weeks of import and show the German dealer the confirmation receipt of vat payment and all is good. I don’t want to have to raise another 20% VAT and wait for the German dealer then to refund me. Has anyone experienced this recently?
Also regarding Adria & Fiat warranty, can any warranty work be completed with UK dealers? Many thanks for any info. Sarah 😊

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
In 2019 I imported a Dethleff. As you state, full payment including VAT was paid to Germany. UK vat paid on import, German VAT reclaimed from dealer.

My dealer was very helpful and accepted a credit card charge hold for the VAT amount so it wasn't actually paid, similar to a hotel or car hire insurance charge.

Others (LennyHB) I think have not paid the vat amount at all although that was importing from Belgium.

It seems to depend on the dealers attitude.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
AT Expedition 68
I am doing this at the moment and having to effectively pay both to then get refunded from German dealer after UK VAT receipt provided.
They have given me 2 invoices. One for the van net of any vat and another which is a deposit invoice for the German mwst.
I spoke to a customs agent who says it may be possible to declare on exit at the port onto the German ATLAS system which the dealer may accept as a mechanism to refund VAT but it’s down to the individual dealer. Worth asking the question.
To do the ATLAS and then the UK CDS entry you need customs agent registered with the relevant countries export system. It’s fairly cheap though at around £100 each bit of paperwork

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Also regarding Adria & Fiat warranty, can any warranty work be completed with UK dealers?
You will need to find a Fiat Professional garage and an Adria dealer near you.
Warranty shouldn't be a problem, you just need to find a good place for each purpose.
It's a great van, ours is a 22 model and we love it, but you will have to go to the Adria dealer to sort out minor issues (normal for these vans), just be prepared for that, find a decent dealer near you.
Good luck and enjoy.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You may find getting a UK dealer to do any warranty work on a van they haven't sold you a problem because of the pittance the manufacturers pay the dealers to do warranty work.
Easier to fit a visit to the supplying dealer into your travels 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hello, I love reading all the helpful posts on motorhome fun and hope the community can help me as a ‘newbie’. I’m currently in Düsseldorf at the Caravan Salon and would like to place an order today for 2025 Adria Twin. I have previously read on here how easy it is to import and I prefer LHD because of European travels. The Adria salesperson said the van will be ready Feb/March, no deposit required now, but full payment including VAT required about 2 weeks before picking up the van, and they will refund the vat once confirmed payment of vat in the UK. He said they have to cover their risk if I don’t show them confirmation of any vat payment. I assumed the dealer would accept payment minus the vat, I drive the van to the UK, VAT is paid in the UK within 2 weeks of import and show the German dealer the confirmation receipt of vat payment and all is good. I don’t want to have to raise another 20% VAT and wait for the German dealer then to refund me. Has anyone experienced this recently?
Also regarding Adria & Fiat warranty, can any warranty work be completed with UK dealers? Many thanks for any info. Sarah 😊
Burning question from me ! How much was the van please ? It’s on my list

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you are at Dusseldorf show is there not a UK dealer representative on the Adria stand, If there is I would expect them to get very close to the same deal and you are being offered, then all import paerwork sorted for you and a dealer in the UK for warranty and servicing issues.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Imported my van new in October 2020 the money I saved payed for all our trips away up until I recently sold it😁😁 paid my dealer deposit when deal agreed then paid balance a week before collection, once I did paperwork and got my V5 sent them copy and the refunded German 19% vat.
It is a bit of a pain paying 2 lots of vat and having to wait a few months to get one lot back but cash saved on importing made it easier 😁😁

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Will it be possible to purchase the additional 3 years Fiat warranty if desired? For U.K. vans it must be completed within 2 weeks of registration (maybe from date of sale, not sure which is applicable).

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Imported my van new in October 2020 the money I saved payed for all our trips away up until I recently sold it😁😁 paid my dealer deposit when deal agreed then paid balance a week before collection, once I did paperwork and got my V5 sent them copy and the refunded German 19% vat.
It is a bit of a pain paying 2 lots of vat and having to wait a few months to get one lot back but cash saved on importing made it easier 😁😁
If you had ordered at Düsseldorf though I am pretty sure you would have got the same deal as German dealers were offering, stocks vans are different 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Sep 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Burning question from me ! How much was the van please ? It’s on my list
Which model are you looking for? I have the price list.
Have gone with the new Adria Twin All In 640 SLB (180 BHP Maxi chassis) Base price €69,699. The ‘All In’ models have a lot of extras included like heated insulated waste water etc. Have added quite a few other extras too! The dealer we used has been very helpful and his English was 1st class which makes the process easier.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Sep 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Will it be possible to purchase the additional 3 years Fiat warranty if desired? For U.K. vans it must be completed within 2 weeks of registration (maybe from date of sale, not sure which is applicable).
We couldn’t buy the additional warranty that the dealer usually sells because we would have had to be living in Germany (insurance policy underwritten by BNP Parabis). However, Fiat gave us
Only thing I wouldn't be happy with is paying the dealer two weeks before collection. Even foreign money transfers only take a couple of hours these days so can be paid on the day.
Thanks Lenny. I’m inclined to agree on this and will negotiate with dealer 👍

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Have gone with the new Adria Twin All In 640 SLB (180 BHP Maxi chassis) Base price €69,699. The ‘All In’ models have a lot of extras included like heated insulated waste water etc. Have added quite a few other extras too! The dealer we used has been very helpful and his English was 1st class which makes the process easier.
That’s a good price

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes that’s a good case price so much cheaper than what a Uk dealer would offer. That’s probably 60 grand or so in pounds Sterling

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back