Car Tablets

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Had a Fiat Doblo camper for a couple of years, now upgrading to something slightly bigger.
I have a slightly older van (Ford Transit, 2010 reg) and at the moment I use my (Android) phone in a holder for sat-nav (Waze or TomTom) and various other apps for music, radio, route recording etc.

I've seen a number of ads on both Facebook and Amazon recently extolling the virtues of a car tablet, with a 10" screen and integration with the car's stereo system either via bluetooth or an AUX cale. They generally seem to price at around £100.

Before I potentially invest in one of these I'd be very interested in the views and recommendations of MotorHome Fun members please.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I've got one. It's a double din Android device . It's OK. Not as good as a manufacturers built in one but has apple and android auto and runs GPS apps fine . Also has Bluetooth so we can stream audiobooks and music to it and also use it for calls. It also has a camera input for reversing camera which works great. It was worth the £100 just for that.

I got it off fleabay.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I use a Galaxy A6 tablet all the time in the Van. The speed is much more accurate and easier to read on the App, I can take it into the house and do prep for my journeys better with it than the one installed in my car 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I use a Carpuride unit, if you search you will find a couple of threads on here. It’s been a good bit of kit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back