Cant believe im cheering for a swede (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just watching the Olympics and marvelled at the GB sprint team in the cycling sprint break the WR to win gold, then Keely Hodgkinson get 800m gold but then cheered the Swede Duplantis breaking the WR for pole vault just cos he could😀

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just watching the Olympics and marvelled at the GB sprint team in the cycling sprint break the WR to win gold, then Keely Hodgkinson get 800m gold but then cheered the Swede Duplantis breaking the WR for pole vault just cos he could😀
Fantastic event. I just realised how far it is to fall onto your back too. A jump from a 5m diving board is scary enough but falling backwards onto a crash mat must be just as uncomfortable.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Wonderful evening of TV athletes...Gold, Olympic record, World record....and looking at his clearance and technical abilities...he can go higher..
Was worried about Keely... everyone said she would win, nobody to beat her...etc...these predictions can sometimes lead to a negative result.... fortunately....Well done young lady...just 22 year old, she has an even brighter future ahead...Proud parents, very supportive...🏅

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Aug 09 to date
I commented whilst watching the pole vault last night that they'll very soon now need higher side uprights! Very pleased for Mondo - and delighted to see the King of Sweden expressing his delight too!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I think what they may well do on pole vault is restrict the flex of the poles so the height is reduced, its getting to heights that are a tad nuts.

I think the same was done with javelin some years ago where the weight was reduced so it couldn't be thrown as far as the distance was fast getting to the stands!!

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
His pole ( oeer Missus!) looks to be much shorter than the bar already

Excellent nights sport viewing all around

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!