Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I would ask the manufacturer.
Then I would ask TowTal or Towbars2Towcars....... If they are willing to do it as a business then you will get your answer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If it can be towed there's a sequence regarding neutral and ignition..... But I can't remember what it is.
Something about neutral not being selected unless ignition is on. Gear selector show neutral but it's still in a forward gear.
Once selected turn ign off.
If you get it wrong it's an expensive mistake.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
2019 Smart Car Auto also trip tropic can it be towed Thanks in advance
You can but your best bet is to follow the instructions on Evilution It'sls quite a complicated process if stirring the gear stick and pushing things

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
If it can be towed there's a sequence regarding neutral and ignition..... But I can't remember what it is.
Something about neutral not being selected unless ignition is on. Gear selector show neutral but it's still in a forward gear.
Once selected turn ign off.
If you get it wrong it's an expensive mistake.
You also have to press the brake pedal to ensure it goes into neutral.
Don't ask how I know......
Cheers, Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi lads well done some research on this and in my opinion it is a expensive problem if the set up goes wrong going to buy a tow car manual gearbox thanks for your comments

Reactions: zac
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi lads well done some research on this and in my opinion it is a expensive problem if the set up goes wrong going to buy a tow car manual gearbox thanks for your comments
LNB Towbars of Bristol have a range of trailers designed for small cars to be towed by motorhomes.
I think they may even have one that folds up.

1721895273506.png

Reactions: zac

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If towing in the UK only then for me A Frame wins but if towing in Europe then it's the trailer, we used to have an A Frame car but most of our time away is in Europe so now have a small trailer. I do find the trailer easier to manoeuvre as you can of course reverse without putting strain on the front steering with the wheels going in the opposite direction to what you want (really reversing is out unless you un hitch), but if i did not go abroad then having to store the trailer as well as the car can be a hassle some people will not want.
I can understand both arguments, though.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Sorry. Late to the party. I agree with your decision regarding a manual car. We had the semi-auto Smart of a similar age. Religiously followed the sequence to get it into neutral before towing. Still managed to wreck the gearbox. Cost around £3.5k to replace and fix. Expensive lesson. Never again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back