Can Anyone Recommend a 12v Extension Lead For a Tyre Inflator, Please? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi everyone :)

As above but, preferably, on Amazon UK, please. The one I bought before was too weak (thin cable) and just not able to provide the power needed.

Thank you :)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The cab socket is not man enough with some charger/inflators and you will blow the fuse. I made my own cable up with crocodile clips and connect direct to the battery terminals when using my 12 volt compressor.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
The cab socket is not man enough with some charger/inflators and you will blow the fuse. I made my own cable up with crocodile clips and connect direct to the battery terminals when using my 12 volt compressor.

It seems to work ok, as it pumps up the front tyres without any obvious problem. It just won't reach the rear tyres and, in another thread, I've been warned against using the hab 12v socket as that definitely won't be good enough. I did buy an extension but it wasn't working and, again, in another thread i was told the extension wasn't man enough for the job. Hence, I'm now looking for a better one.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Withe the bigger cable over an extension distance the power demand increase may well blow your fuse! It did mine but carry on if you are happy to risk it.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Withe the bigger cable over an extension distance the power demand increase may well blow your fuse! It did mine but carry on if you are happy to risk it.

My whole point is that I don't want to risk it! That's why I asked in another thread why the extension wasn't working and I learned that the extension I'd bought wasn't good enough. So, I'm now trying to find one that IS good enough. However, I was also told that using the cab socket was ok. I don't know if that's true or not but I use this forum for knowledge because I don't know myself, so I have to trust someone at some stage. So, now I have some saying it is ok and some saying it's not. I just want to be able to use the 12v tyre inflator that I already have. Is it ok or not? I now have no idea and am back to square one! 🤷‍♀️

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
This is the best solution! And no melted cig sockets or blown fuses.... IMHO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back