'Camping' on a Spanish Area (55 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well, here we are at el Masroig with the stunning Sierra de Monsanto, front and centre, right out of the front windscreen.
(I've posted a photo on the 'Outside from Inside' thread.)
I have a question. The Area here is on one side of the road and from signage, would appear to be owned by the wine co-op on the other side of the road. (One has to register your presence either on arrival or departure.)
With it being 'private' are we allowed to do some camping while we're here?
Yes, I know we could ask at the cellar but I thought I'd ask you, the assembled masses of MHF first.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Well, here we are at el Masroig with the stunning Sierra de Monsanto, front and centre, right out of the front windscreen.
(I've posted a photo on the 'Outside from Inside' thread.)
I have a question. The Area here is on one side of the road and from signage, would appear to be owned by the wine co-op on the other side of the road. (One has to register your presence either on arrival or departure.)
With it being 'private' are we allowed to do some camping while we're here?
Yes, I know we could ask at the cellar but I thought I'd ask you, the assembled masses of MHF first.
Good question... We've been countless times there, as is close to home.
Before registering, it was just a municipal area, AFAIK, and camping behaviour shouldn't be practiced. Now, after they put that signal stating that you have to register in the wine cellar, seems it always has been of their own?
My thoughts is nobody will tell you anything for putting chairs out, but I wouldn't go any further than that.
It wouldn't seem right to make a full display, that's my view.
As I said before, if you like wine, make sure you try a Montsant wine, I believe is one of the greatest wines in Spain (Priorat wine is also great but Montsant is cheaper and unbelievably underrated). Enjoy šŸ˜ƒ

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I think you will find although the land may be private local planning may control the use of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back