Camping-Car Park - physical card needed? (35 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
My first run in with CCP wasn't too successful - we paid for a Pack Privileges we didn't need and then struggled to get on the one and only site we tried. I found it all a bit opaque.

I just discovered that we have credit on our account, so it would be worth using it on our next trip. Do I need a physical card, or is the app enough? And what exactly is the procedure when using a site - can you book without the Pack Privileges (not having that again)? How do you get in the site, pay and leave?

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yes you need the card, I lost mine but on reaching the campsite was able to gain entry and have a new card issued remotely at the entry terminal.

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
So can I just buy a card at the first site we go to? Or is it free?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
You can usually get a card at the site. You need a card to get in. You can’t book without the pack privileges and there are certain rules re when you can book within 24hrs I think. Pay on exit by loading money onto card via website. Hold card up to reader on barrier to enter and leave.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
They are very easy to use. We are using them for this trip.
You need a card. Dispensed at the terminal.

Bin the privilege pack. Not really required.

I suggest calling customer service number they are very helpful and may post a card or call when outside an aire and they will help you and may be able to dispense a card from the terminal. Linked to your account.
Did they not send one when you got the package. How did you get an account number?

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I cant remember having to pay for the new card. At the terminal I spoke to the head office confirmed my details the machine whirred into action - out popped a new card - I read back the card number to the office - they linked the new card to my account and all was well. Great system. Regarding prebooking I havent had too - April to early July but expect in busier times it may be necessary.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Card is free - provided when you top up your account. Don't bother to put too much on it. I always top up what i need just before i leave. If you are already a member where is your card?

Procedure -

1. if you have a card swipe it to enter.
2. before you leave make sure you have enough credit to pay for your stay.
3. swipe card to leave

any issues call customer services. they speak english and the couple of times i have needed help they were very good.

if you don't have a card you can get one at the machine at the entrance.

No need for Pack Privileges as it's rare a site is completely full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Card is free - provided when you top up your account. Don't bother to put too much on it. I always top up what i need just before i leave. If you are already a member where is your card?

Procedure -

1. if you have a card swipe it to enter.
2. before you leave make sure you have enough credit to pay for your stay.
3. swipe card to leave

any issues call customer services. they speak english and the couple of times i have needed help they were very good.

if you don't have a card you can get one at the machine at the entrance.

No need for Pack Privileges as it's rare a site is completely full.
I thought it was annual and I would have thrown it away, but after reading this I realised not, so had a hunt around and found it. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So can I just buy a card at the first site we go to? Or is it free?
I know you've found your card, but for others reading this, if you've never used CCP before you can buy a card for 5 euros at the machine at the site entrance. It's a one-off charge, the card lasts indefinitely. You can then load some money onto it if you want, either online or using a machine at the entrance.

The card will raise the barrier to let you in, even if there's no money on it. You need money on the card to raise the barrier to leave. The charge is deducted as you leave. It's fairly intelligent, if you go out for the day and return in the evening, it doesn't charge you twice for the same stay.

If you lost your card, and there was money on it, call their helpline, they will issue you with another card, transfer the money to the new card, and cancel the old one.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back