Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
We , well myself and my doggies are currently touring South west England , I have booked 6 sites with CACC , no problem booking them and all ok and good value for money. I use grass pitches no ehu , and I’m over 65 😱, so get good discounts. I have been trying to book a CAMC site on my iPhone , as a desperate measure, to be close to my daughter in St. Agnes , but noooo , doesn’t want to take my money, tried 5 times!! Not to be outdone I dusted off the laptop and bingo , paid the £5 ( desperate) deposit, I swore I would never use CAMC again last year as the website was a nightmare, imo it still is !!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We , well myself and my doggies are currently touring South west England , I have booked 6 sites with CACC , no problem booking them and all ok and good value for money. I use grass pitches no ehu , and I’m over 65 😱, so get good discounts. I have been trying to book a CAMC site on my iPhone , as a desperate measure, to be close to my daughter in St. Agnes , but noooo , doesn’t want to take my money, tried 5 times!! Not to be outdone I dusted off the laptop and bingo , paid the £5 ( desperate) deposit, I swore I would never use CAMC again last year as the website was a nightmare, imo it still is !!
What do you expect using an iphone🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
For years the CAMC website has been constantly groused about on their message board/forums. Apparently it was better before they upgraded it around 6 or 7 years ago.
And wasn’t it hacked this year ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
must be your iPhone , I've just made two bookings and Eurotunnel crossing on mine
have you updated the app
I haven’t mate no as not used it for ages , just wondered why I can book easily on the other companies site ?

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
the CAMC app has been updated several times , if you delete and re-install it should work better
Just did and it’s the same , try to make a payment and it just stalls at the bank verification bit , but it’s ok on my laptop?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just did and it’s the same , try to make a payment and it just stalls at the bank verification bit , but it’s ok on my laptop?
Could it be the bank you're trying to pay via rather than CAMC? Have you updated the banking app?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No mate , as I’ve just booked on the laptop using the same banking details
But the phone banking app isn't the same as using a banking website.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Like I said I’ve had no problem booking on my iPhone on the CACC site ?
You mentioned using a laptop, I thought that the problem was with your phone. 🤔

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
You mentioned using a laptop, I thought that the problem was with your phone. 🤔
Yes I cannot book a CAMC site on my iPhone but can on my laptop, but don’t have a problem booking a CACC site on the iPhone!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes I cannot book a CAMC site on my iPhone but can on my laptop, but don’t have a problem booking a CACC site on the iPhone!
Do both sites use identical banking 'partners' I wonder. 🤔

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
The CAMC site can be temperamental when trying to pay. Not your fault!

Jun 30, 2022
Odd Rode, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Newbie 2022 (previously towed a sleurhut [NL])
CAMC online booking is much improved now following the horlicks they made of it a year or two ago. However, I am unable to pay via that site if I use my everyday debit or credit cards which are from different companies but both operated by or through First Direct. I queried this with First Direct and they told me that it was because CAMC uses WorldPay to process the transaction and WorldPay doesn't meet First Direct's security standards. If I use one of my "back-up" cards, for example my Barclaycard, the payment goes through without a hitch.

This issue pre-dates the new CAMC booking system and remains unresolved.

I won't be surprised however, though I will be puzzled, if other people on here have used a First Direct card and not encountered this issue.

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
CAMC online booking is much improved now following the horlicks they made of it a year or two ago. However, I am unable to pay via that site if I use my everyday debit or credit cards which are from different companies but both operated by or through First Direct. I queried this with First Direct and they told me that it was because CAMC uses WorldPay to process the transaction and WorldPay doesn't meet First Direct's security standards. If I use one of my "back-up" cards, for example my Barclaycard, the payment goes through without a hitch.

I won't be surprised however, though I will be puzzled, if other people on here have used a First Direct card and not encountered this issue.

Thank you, that means sense now , it’s just another reason why I don’t use them often anymore.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We aren't members of C&CC as we find their website an absolute nightmare. Never been able (albeit a couple of years ago) to actually process a site booking!

OP
OP
Whippetsontour
Dec 17, 2022
UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam
Exp
Since 2022
We aren't members of C&CC as we find their website an absolute nightmare. Never been able (albeit a couple of years ago) to actually process a site booking!
I don’t have a problem with CACC booked over 20 sites no problem, it’s CAMC that I have a problem with !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back