CAMC and No EHU... Are They Starting To Listen?? (21 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Just read in latest mag that the CAMC are trialing a no leccy policy on 6 of their sites... Clumber Park, Burns Country Park, Burra Country Park, Grafham Water, White House Beach and Brora.
Basically you book and pay as normal and on arrival you tell them you would like to participate in the scheme, they will then lock off you EHU and refund you £4.00/night (I wonder if that is enough)
Well IMO it's a start..

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Wyatts Covert CAMC is similar, you have to pay separately for electricity on a per Kwh basis if you want it. It's not particularly cheap even without electric though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
New England Bay introduced an additional number of non-ehu pitches last year.
We went to NEB this month. Booked a non ehu pitch. We had a choice of four. As far as i could ascertain from the plan those were the only ones in existence. They were on the front row nearest the sea. My previous research had indicated there were some much further back but the site plan now identifies those as tent pitches.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Talking to a site manager this week he says C&MHC have plans for meters on all sites by the end of next year

I did tell him they could save a fortune , push up the electric included price , but have an option to isolate the pitch for no electrics for a reduced price

But for club site pricing context , I was amazed to pay under £15 for electric hard standing pitch

Benefit of leaving my first wife at home 😁

But highlights the odd pricing policy, a no facility (no toilets or shower block) but they still charge per person 🤔🙄

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
My point in my original post.👍👍👍

Well it depends I suppose. £4 might be more than some use and less than others. I think optional metered electric is the only fair way. - but the problem is the cost of fitting all that.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
CAMC site in the New Forest has economy, grass no EHU pitches. I didn't ask the cost.

IMG_20240629_210033241~2.jpg

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Just read in latest mag that the CAMC are trialing a no leccy policy on 6 of their sites... Clumber Park, Burns Country Park, Burra Country Park, Grafham Water, White House Beach and Brora.
Basically you book and pay as normal and on arrival you tell them you would like to participate in the scheme, they will then lock off you EHU and refund you £4.00/night (I wonder if that is enough)
Well IMO it's a start..
In the summer debatable wether £4 would tempt me, but In the winter I would keep paying for EHU.
Phil

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Wyatts Covert CAMC is similar, you have to pay separately for electricity on a per Kwh basis if you want it. It's not particularly cheap even without electric though.

Well that does surprise me.. did not think they had any metered EHU's

Strangely enough, I was having a natter with a warden
on a CAMC site a month ago about this subject.

He explained that he held a full time position within the Club but liked to keep his hand in wardening, by doing a bit of relief work.

He explained that in answer to the C&CC offering non- electric pitches, they, the Caravan & Motorhome Club were about to start trialling a few discounted pitches on a select few sites where ehu would be metered. If it was found to be popular, it would be rolled out bit by bit.

He explained that, (and I really can't believe people would do this:pinocchio:) on non-electric pitches, that some people would wait until after dark and then hook up without paying.:giggle::LOL:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
He explained that in answer to the C&CC offering non- electric pitches, they, the Caravan & Motorhome Club were about to start trialling a few discounted pitches on a select few sites where ehu would be metered
They'll have to do a lot better if they're going to compete with CCC on grass no hookup pitches, many have a 40% discount on top of the age discount (if you're over 60) I'm currently at Walton, £60 for two weeks, you have to be self contained but there's grey and black dump and fresh water so what more do you really need.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
He explained that, (and I really can't believe people would do this:pinocchio:) on non-electric pitches, that some people would wait until after dark and then hook up without paying.:giggle::LOL:
I can believe it.

The naivety of some seemingly world experience people on this forum amazes me.

When you come from true council estate, benefit people background then nothing will ever surprise you as to the stunts people will pull.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
They'll have to do a lot better if they're going to compete with CCC on grass no hookup pitches, many have a 40% discount on top of the age discount (if you're over 60) I'm currently at Walton, £60 for two weeks, you have to be self contained but there's grey and black dump and fresh water so what more do you really need.
Wish I could take advantage of such great prices

All great to those like yourself that can 👍👍

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Wish I could take advantage of such great prices

All great to those like yourself that can 👍👍
If you're a member and you can manage without hookup you can still get the 40% discount even if you're not old enough for the age discount.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
If you're a member and you can manage without hookup you can still get the 40% discount even if you're not old enough for the age discount.
Yep I know.
But whenever i look to book up its either not available for those sites or the ones that at oalways seem to be sold out for those pitches and only give you the option of the electric hard standing at premium price. So never seem to be able to take advantage 😡😡

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
If a demand is shown for non ehu pitches it will make it much cheaper to add new non ehu pitches,just get pp . And mow the grass.
When we wanted to increase the incoming power (15+ yrs ago) quote was £10k for 3 phase or £4 K for a 100amp single phase.
Untill recently most people would not book if no ehu

Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Well IMO it's a start..
Funny there only knocking off £4 !! Another reading we jacked them in 3yrs ago they couldn’t run a bath

Feb 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Out of interest what prices have people seen on private sites for optional ehu ? We've seen mainly £6 pn
We're on a site at the mo that only charges £3 pn for hookup. Immaculate site, electric and water on pitch, but would be expensive by a lot of motorhomers standards otherwise. We're first timers though, and wanted a specific type of site, so we're happy to pay for it.

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Chatting to a warden recently.

They would love to go to all metered supplies, but its a big investment to do so.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back