LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I ve been on the look out for Solar panels and tried all the usual suspects but then came across this one, which I hadnt heard of previously. They are based in Newton Abbot and I can search on here and find a few people who have used them and good positive feedback about them.

As most of you are probably aware, I like a bargain.

£499 for 350 watts of solar, a victron 100/30, the mounds, the cabling and fuse and some sticky stuff, in other words everything needed (I dont need a battery) fits right into my bargain category and what I have ended up purchasing with free delivery in 1-3 days.

£590 odd quid for 610 watts of solar and the upgraded wire and Victron MPPT also got quite an amount of consideration as did £349 for 305 Watts and the necessary ancilliary stuff to complete the job. But their diemnsions were too big for my roof

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Just a quick update and to bring to the attention of evening readers.

They do the cheaper flexible panels (not truly flexible but semi flexible) as well

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
sounds like a bargain, It will be interesting to see how youget on with them and how they perform. I hadnt heard of the company before but had heard mention of Craig solar so used him for ours and have been happy. Are you fitting them yourself ?

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
sounds like a bargain, It will be interesting to see how youget on with them and how they perform. I hadnt heard of the company before but had heard mention of Craig solar so used him for ours and have been happy. Are you fitting them yourself ?
Fitting them over the weekend, just about to go up and clean the roof.

I ll need to use up some battery to get a quick response on performance

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
When I fitted ours I felt quite exited but also apprehensive ⛰️ ( I couldnt find my shocked face imoji so thought you could this nice mountain view );) all was well though and itis still glued on after a couple of thousand miles. Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
What type of panels are they?
I think EVA, according to Victron sales, but they are the non flexible ones. Heres the gumpf if that helps (which are currently on sale on ebay for £313 so the rest of the stuff is £186 of which the moulds are about £40 and the MPPT £100 ish then the cables and fittings and sticky stuff etc for the other £46 only it all comes from the same company

This is a powerful solar panel kit for motorhomes and is ideal for keeping essentials running. This solar kit will keep your starter or leisure battery charged and keep you connected, off-grid. It includes everything you will need to connect the two Victron 175W solar panels to your camper or motorhomes existing leisure battery. Please bare in mind the size of the panel + the mount in order to make sure your panel will fit on your roof.

What's in the Box:

• 2 x Victron 175W panels (1485mm Long x 668mm Wide x 30mm thick)
  • Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 Solar Charge Controller (With Bluetooth)
  • 1 pair of 5m solar extensions with MC4's
  • 1 Metre 6mm Cable from Controller to Battery Cable Red
  • 1 Metre 6mm Cable from Controller to Battery Cable Black
  • 6 Piece Solar Mounting kit with corners and midsection with cable gland (Please see image of 1 corner and take into account extra space required on the roof)
  • CT1 sealant
  • 40A Midi fuse
  • Midi fuse holder
  • 4 x pin connectors
  • 2 x 6mm lugs
  • 2 x 8mm lugs
  • Drawing
  • Instructions

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun