Budget Alternative To Happy Bowls (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know that this will be controversial as some may prefer toilet brushes :sick: or feel there is no need at all for this but for us fans of Happy Bowl liners who may want a cheaper & more available alternative you may like this?!
Cheap 2 ply paper serviettes with the corner cut off (when folded & many can be done at once) applied to a damp bowl. This flushes away after use leaving the bowl clean & breaks down well in the tank. You just need to work out which size hole in the serviettes works best for your toilet & make sure that section sits in & covers the toilet hole - enjoy!

1658056518904.png
1658056540222.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fair idea but Why do you cut a hole in the middle , I keep the door closed until I’m finished
then all just flushes away with no mess on the flap
Flap open means no risk of leakage & without hole in serviette & flap open it could all fall into tank before finished! Starting to regret posting a toilet thread :wasntme: as much too graphic detail!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Yay it's a toilet thread ::bigsmile:

Liners in any form are fine if you are on site with easy access to the elsan for disposal, but them on decent sites for those bigger jobs then a trip to the main block of easement may be preferred that frequent empties? Otherwise without emptying, you want as little extra as possible.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know that a lot of Funsters use Happy Bowls so this thread is aimed at helping them as those are so expensive & often out of stock - they aren't for everybody or all types of motorhoming so as I mentioned previously a bit controversial!

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
You can line the bowl with loo paper. Does, the same err.... job. :)
Yes indeed.. I was goin the mention that but thot it might confuse the "let's fold and cut a hole in a serviette " brigade.😆😆😆😆😆😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We try not to put any paper into the cassette.
A lidded bin lined with scented Nappy bags works and no we don’t get any smell from it, emptied every morning or sooner if it does smell!

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
Happy Happy Bowl user here, but if I used these napkins I wouldn't cut the hole, Happy Bowls don't have one, all gets wrapped up nicely and bombs away! Wombles, I do have toilet seat envy now, ours is like sitting on a knife edge! We don't worry about toilet paper in cassette, its usually emptied every day anyway and Barry does have a 3 litre portable urinal which saves a lot of space! .... I know, TMI ... :imoutahere:

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We use a similar ,but high pressure pump sprayer,£1.50 from Poundland. We add some bio washing liquid to the pump as well and use that to "jet wash" any solids down works a treat and also saves on water usage .

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We use a similar ,but high pressure pump sprayer,£1.50 from Poundland. We add some bio washing liquid to the pump as well and use that to "jet wash" any solids down works a treat and also saves on water usage .
We use the Hozelok version Jim, but with a citric acid/disinfectant mix, which helps to prevent any limescale build up on the blade, and leaves a fresh clean smell in the bowl. We are in a very hard water area, and invariably fill up at home. We only use the (fresh water) flush facility where necessary. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We use the Hozelok version Jim, but with a citric acid/disinfectant mix, which helps to prevent any limescale build up on the blade, and leaves a fresh clean smell in the bowl. We are in a very hard water area, and invariably fill up at home. We only use the (fresh water) flush facility where necessary. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
We use bio washing tabs in our cassette so only use bio liquid in the sprayer.Seems to work ok and the pump sprayer detergent smells ok also. I also wax polish the bowl occasionally so that solids slide in better and less tendancy to stick.
Never used a liner,but that's my choice.
( Converted my loo to a SoG unit ,with the aid of a fan and micro switch which has also made a big difference extracting any smells) (y)

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Actually, I’ve heard of a way to comfortably use your loo where there is no way to empty your cassette.

use a bin bag in the bowl and under the seat lid. Have a poo, lift the seat and tie the bin bag and voilà…not unlike a dog poo bag!

this relies on a few things!

1, a proper smallish bag used for bins ie water tight with no breather holes in it…

2, probably black coloured bag so as not to put you off too much when storing bag or walking around looking for a suitable bin…

3, sense of humour!

I’ve heard this being used whilst street Motorhome camping in Spain by the sea front. Not sure if there were ‘doggy poo’ bins in the area to use or just ordinary bins.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
do people put this much effort into home loos. ?? they seem to be use it clean it close it, are van loos not the same ?? so many helpful suggestions

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I like many use the position yourself carefully technique and I give myself marks for getting right through the hole cleanly. I have to admit I nearly always score a 9 or 10. ;)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I wax mine. 🍥 polish On polish off. Stinky stuff just slips off down the rabbit hole. 😀👍🥃
Nothing like trying to polish a turd :wink: or hVe I got ghe wrong end of the stick 🤔

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
i Find that a lump hammer and bolster shifts those most stubborn marks🤪

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I use one of these for the removal of skid marks. A narrow jet of water aimed at the offending marks. Adds next to nothing to the volume of water in the cassette and kind to the bowl. Reduces the amount of flush water needed.
View attachment 642580
That's what I do and wee pee in a bucket we can stretch a week out of a caset
Bill

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
All these ideas are fine if the disposal point is on mains sewage. The man that empties ours plays pot about the stuff that is put down it. We share a septic with 5 other houses and anything other than toilet paper is a no no. Kitchen roll and such like doesn’t dissolve properly. So he tells us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back