Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Not myself but posted a couple of days ago by some van lifers, this couple were broken into whilst at the beach during the day. Be aware the F word is used on a couple of occasions if you are sensitive to that kind of language.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The thieves weren’t worried about making a noise either by the look of that safe.
They watch people and always more then two as one follows you on the phone to the other one so they know how much time they’ve got… 🤬

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Ironic that whilst he was talking you could hear a car alarm going off in the background!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Alarm may have attracted interest from other campers.
If they'd had a vanbitz growler fitted it would have been very uncomfortable inside the van and they would have got a text message alerting them to the alarm having been set off, it might have mitigated some of their loss if not the damage.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
If they'd had a vanbitz growler fitted it would have been very uncomfortable inside the van and they would have got a text message alerting them to the alarm having been set off, it might have mitigated some of their loss if not the damage.
Goes the growler system now include text messaging?

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We had a growler on our last MH. It was great, as was the service from Vanbitz. The new MH has a Moving Intelligence system that was fitted be the dealer. To say the least, it was not a good install and we has more than a few problems. I ended up speaking with MI directly. Their local engineer came out and resolved all the issue I had along with adding some extra sensors that the dealer said could not be done. In fairness, I am now more than happy with it. If we had been given the choice, we would have been at Vanbitz. The dealer did it as part of the deal we struck.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
You get a txt and a notification from meta if the alarm goes off..providing you have the non starter fitted and are up to date with your subscription👍
Brilliant piece of kit👌🏼👌🏼
Wondered why when my alarm went off at 6-am on a Stelplatz maybe more than once I never got a text, don’t have the non starter🤔🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You get a txt and a notification from meta if the alarm goes off..providing you have the non starter fitted and are up to date with your subscription👍
Brilliant piece of kit👌🏼👌🏼
Yes, I should have mentioned the non starter, it does more then immobilising, it's also a self monitoring tracker and is tied into the alarm, so if it goes off the immobiliser sends you a text. I have the Growler with the immobiliser.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back