Broad Lane Leisure in Administration (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

I bought my second motorhome from Broad Lane, a really good company..

"The 2023 report indicates that the company ended 2022 with more caravans in stock than desired, attributing this to the “Covid bounce.” It stated that the recovery from the pandemic continued to present challenges, particularly in the supply chain."

I was at another dealer recently, massive amount of stock....

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
MHF Dealers List v5e updated to reflect this and uploaded a few minutes ago.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

I bought my second motorhome from Broad Lane, a really good company..

"The 2023 report indicates that the company ended 2022 with more caravans in stock than desired, attributing this to the “Covid bounce.” It stated that the recovery from the pandemic continued to present challenges, particularly in the supply chain."

I was at another dealer recently, massive amount of stock....
How is this affecting the private sales market. Is the bottom dropping out of this market too.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
We bought our first and second caravans from them. Sorry that they will no longer be in business.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
One of the clubs borrows caravans from them for towing tests.

I guess it all goes to show the leisure vehicle market is slowing.

Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Well broadlane leisure appointment of administrators what a sad day for them 50yrs in the job

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Vehicles4Leisure saying permanently closed as well

The Covid rush to buy motorhomes must have ended, all the dealers are full of stock they can’t sell so prices dropping

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp

The Covid rush to buy motorhomes must have ended, all the dealers are full of stock they can’t sell so prices dropping
Well I wish our dealer had been full of stock and dropping their prices. They have handed over more than 20 this month, consequently I paid full price...

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Latest MHF Dealers listing uploaded a few days ago reflects this.(y)

Apr 23, 2022
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
mclouis 373 2022
Exp
New to it but have been caravaning for 38years
I think the same will happen to some big motor home dealers looking at stock at many dealers and the prices are dropping,but they were overpriced in the first place ,for a lot of money hard earned for poor quality and service they took the money when it was good.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
Greed took over , the Auto- Sleeper I ordered in October 2022 and got it in June 2023 from a large multi owned dealerships went up £9000 which I paid as in contract in small print (I could have cancelled ) but I wanted a Motorhome and not reorder at the enormous price rises that came about, that motorhome was a disaster, I have no sympathy for these dealers, I feel sorry for those who lost their jobs , being Ex Garage Owner we had busy and dead times, Company and warranty payments were sometimes incredibly slow ,so yes you always had a couple of years money in the bank

Oct 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2007
Greed took over , the Auto- Sleeper I ordered in October 2022 and got it in June 2023 from a large multi owned dealerships went up £9000 which I paid as in contract in small print (I could have cancelled ) but I wanted a Motorhome and not reorder at the enormous price rises that came about, that motorhome was a disaster, I have no sympathy for these dealers, I feel sorry for those who lost their jobs , being Ex Garage Owner we had busy and dead times, Company and warranty payments were sometimes incredibly slow ,so yes you always had a couple of years money in the bank
This is absolutely true. What I don’t understand is what did they do with the ridiculous profits they were making? Didn’t they think to leave some wool on their backs for when the market turned. Some have been in the business for decades & must have seen it before.

Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
I think the same will happen to some big motor home dealers looking at stock at many dealers and the prices are dropping,but they were overpriced in the first place ,for a lot of money hard earned for poor quality and service they took the money when it was good.
The dealer offered me all my money back on a Delaware 5yrs old but wanted another £40k on top to get a new one . Not on my watch!!! Apart from engine and the 9speed gearbox no difference!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
This is absolutely true. What I don’t understand is what did they do with the ridiculous profits they were making? Didn’t they think to leave some wool on their backs for when the market turned. Some have been in the business for decades & must have seen it before.
Dividends end of year for directors!! Greed !!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Carthago dealer are still short of stock a lot models still over a year wait. Hence we had to pay list price but at least it was fixed at 2022 price would have been £8k more now.
Got a good price for our van and dealer has it up for £3k more than we got for it.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Carthago dealer are still short of stock a lot models still over a year wait. Hence we had to pay list price but at least it was fixed at 2022 price would have been £8k more now.
Got a good price for our van and dealer has it up for £3k more than we got for it.
That doesn’t seem much of a mark up only 3k profit for them

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
Well done my dealer didn't seem to have any morals, I think they could have met on extra £9000

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I think most large dealerships are in fact in hock to the likes of Blackhorse Finance
The video link I posted suggests that. 1 month free from the manufacturer then they are paying finance. I suppose I just assumed the manufacturer gave them to the dealer to sell for them but its not how it works.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

We bought our van new from V4L in 2018, I have spoken to Elddis to see where we stand regarding our 10 years water ingress warranty. I managed to get a mobile caravan and motorhome repairer to https://prmcs.co.uk/ do our hab and damp checks who managed to squeeze us into his busy schedule which allowed us to keep our warranty valid as it had to be done within a time frame. He was brilliant and very thorough and can't recommend him high enough.
Elddis told us that we will have to find an Elddis dealer who's willing to take over the warranty but none are under any legal obligation to do so. If I guaranteed to let them do all my servicing they may just take me on :rolleyes: Then there's the issue of the distance to a dealership (if I can find one). The 150 mile round trip was a pain but not too bad, Rhyl isn't the worst place to spend 3 or 4 hours.
Sadly many more dealers will almost certainly follow V4Ls fate.:(

Oct 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2007
The video link I posted suggests that. 1 month free from the manufacturer then they are paying finance. I suppose I just assumed the manufacturer gave them to the dealer to sell for them but its not how it works.
Manufacturers send dealers stock on SOR (Sale or return) but I’ve never seen one sent back. After the first month they get charged interest so the cost price increases each month ,hence why dealers are offering Caravans at cost price just to stop incurring extra interest. The manufacturers usually do a stock audit every month or so to make sure they’re not selling them & not paying the stocking loan off.

Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Friend of mine works at a dealership and tells me vans have to be paid for before delivery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back