Brittany Ferries New Hybrid Ships To France - Allergy Friendly, Family 6 Berth & More Pet Friendly Cabins

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The two new purpose built hybrid ferries to Normandy & Brittany have allergy friendly cabins for the first time , 6 berth cabins & a wider choice of pet friendly cabins https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/...e=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email
Doubt that these will be budget options but may suit some & always good to have more choices.

EDIT: When looking at pricing, don't forget that Club Voyage members can give a Friends discount code for Brittany Ferry crossings - plenty of Funsters are usually happy to share their code as they also get credit on their accounts so good for all (y)

1729676293663.png

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
We're keen to do our first trip across into mainland Europe next year. Being down in Devon (and from Dorset originally!) - taking a ferry from Plymouth, Poole or Portsmouth would be ideal - but we can't leave our dog in the kennels yet so lack of availability of pet-friendly cabins (unless booking long in advance!) is the main reason we're looking at the 4-5hr drive to the tunnel next year.

Cost aside, as we both work full time so are limited in duration, we'd rather be able to spend that extra day or two on the other side of the water - but at present unless we get lucky with last minute pet-friendly cabin availability, I think it will be the tunnel for us for now- so this is good to know and will take a look and see if it improves availability at all.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
We're keen to do our first trip across into mainland Europe next year. Being down in Devon (and from Dorset originally!) - taking a ferry from Plymouth, Poole or Portsmouth would be ideal - but we can't leave our dog in the kennels yet so lack of availability of pet-friendly cabins (unless booking long in advance!) is the main reason we're looking at the 4-5hr drive to the tunnel next year.

Cost aside, as we both work full time so are limited in duration, we'd rather be able to spend that extra day or two on the other side of the water - but at present unless we get lucky with last minute pet-friendly cabin availability, I think it will be the tunnel for us for now- so this is good to know and will take a look and see if it improves availability at all.

Just did a quick quote for 2 weeks in April - Portsmouth to St Malo on the new ferry, with the cheapest pet friendly cabins comes in at £624 return, and the crossing times would work well for us.
Same dates, paying a small amount extra for reasonable/convenient times on the tunnel, comes in at £443 return.

Considering Portsmouth is 2hrs/100 miles closer each way, so we'd save about £50 in fuel, that closes the price gap slightly - £130 extra to go via ferry rather than tunnel. Extra time spent on the ferry rather than on the road - not really any extra days 'away', but time to ourselves on teh ferry rather than driving further along the south coast of the UK.

For us, certainly worth thinking about! I guess ultimatley the decider will be which way we want to go in France - I'm leaning towards south/west and possibly spain, hence the preference for a ferry - although the speediness of the tunnel crossing certainly appeals!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just did a quick quote for 2 weeks in April - Portsmouth to St Malo on the new ferry, with the cheapest pet friendly cabins comes in at £624 return, and the crossing times would work well for us.
Same dates, paying a small amount extra for reasonable/convenient times on the tunnel, comes in at £443 return.

Considering Portsmouth is 2hrs/100 miles closer each way, so we'd save about £50 in fuel, that closes the price gap slightly - £130 extra to go via ferry rather than tunnel. Extra time spent on the ferry rather than on the road - not really any extra days 'away', but time to ourselves on teh ferry rather than driving further along the south coast of the UK.

For us, certainly worth thinking about! I guess ultimatley the decider will be which way we want to go in France - I'm leaning towards south/west and possibly spain, hence the preference for a ferry - although the speediness of the tunnel crossing certainly appeals!
Don't forget that Brittany Club Voyage members (lots on here) can offer discount codes which may apply & narrow the gap further.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I fail to see how an 'allergy friendly cabin ' can help someone with allergies as they would have to access it using the non allergenic areas?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back