Boxer 2.0 2018 Adblue fault - P20E8 fault code low pressure

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
The latest issue with my MH is the P20E8 fault code and urea tank. Basically a common problem with Peugeot/Fiat base vehicles. Searched the forums and the above fault normally means a new tank. Rang dealer today to find out if they can diagnose the issue, the cost for them just to check blew me away!
£264!!!!!!!!
I asked what this was for and was told it will take 2 hours to plug in and find the fault. I told him it took me 2 mins to find the details and said thanks and goodbye.

Options buy new tank and fit approx £500
Remove the Adblue via a delete.

Thoughts from any Funsters

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2017
Our AS Broadway FB - on a Peugeot Boxer - is 7 years old and 'serviced' annually. All of a sudden in July of this year - two weeks after a 4 week tour of Brittany - a Warning came up on the Dash.... 'Check AdBlue System / Check Engine.' The AdBle fault warning has been intermittent, but my local independent garage tried to rectify the issues bit to no avail. They advised me to take the vehicle to my local Peugeot garage which I did this morning. After two to three hours trying to diagnose and rectify the problem, the technician took the tank off and found the fault.

Result? The MH needs a new AdBlue tank and pump at a cost of around £1,000 + VAT + fitting + the hours spent earlier today trying to find the problem! Our MH is at he Peugeot garage and the AdBlue tank is now on a back-order... no idea when to expect delivery! The MH will be off the road for at least three weeks!

When I mentioned the advertised 'AdBlue additives that are on sale to try and stop the crystallising of the AdBlue in the tank, I was told that Peugeot do not advise ot recommend the use of such an additive!

Fellow MH owners with AdBlue beware! It seems to be a common fault as the van ages! It's an expensive item when the milage is only 22k from new!

Likes collected
Funster No
We had the same fault on our 2016 Audi A4 £2350 new tank and control harness, our car has only covered 27000miles from. New.

OP
OP
DJL220
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Our AS Broadway FB - on a Peugeot Boxer - is 7 years old and 'serviced' annually. All of a sudden in July of this year - two weeks after a 4 week tour of Brittany - a Warning came up on the Dash.... 'Check AdBlue System / Check Engine.' The AdBle fault warning has been intermittent, but my local independent garage tried to rectify the issues bit to no avail. They advised me to take the vehicle to my local Peugeot garage which I did this morning. After two to three hours trying to diagnose and rectify the problem, the technician took the tank off and found the fault.

Result? The MH needs a new AdBlue tank and pump at a cost of around £1,000 + VAT + fitting + the hours spent earlier today trying to find the problem! Our MH is at he Peugeot garage and the AdBlue tank is now on a back-order... no idea when to expect delivery! The MH will be off the road for at least three weeks!

When I mentioned the advertised 'AdBlue additives that are on sale to try and stop the crystallising of the AdBlue in the tank, I was told that Peugeot do not advise ot recommend the use of such an additive!

Fellow MH owners with AdBlue beware! It seems to be a common fault as the van ages! It's an expensive item when the milage is only 22k from new!
This is a very common fault and if you do some google research it’s across the range. On one of the forums it suggests contact Peugeot UK customers services and log a complaint. Some people have received discounts and some lucky ones FOC tanks. Worth a phone call and email. This was going to be my route until they told me 2 hours to find the fault. Loads of brand new tanks on eBay currently around £500-600 depends on which version. Vauxhall and Citroen use the same tanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 285
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is a very common fault and if you do some google research it’s across the range. On one of the forums it suggests contact Peugeot UK customers services and log a complaint. Some people have received discounts and some lucky ones FOC tanks. Worth a phone call and email. This was going to be my route until they told me 2 hours to find the fault. Loads of brand new tanks on eBay currently around £500-600 depends on which version. Vauxhall and Citroen use the same tanks.
We had the dreaded “check adblue system” on our Majestic 285 (Peugeot Boxer base) a couple of months ago and booked it in with Desira, Bury St Edmunds, to investigate. After 30 minutes the service manager came across and told me “good and bad news”. “What’s the bad news?” I asked. “It needs a new adblue tank and pump at a cost of £990+VAT. But the good news is that Peugeot will pay 80% of the bill.” Even better for us was that we still had a warranty in place and they agreed to pay the remainder. So it is certainly something to pursue with Peugeot. Good luck 🤞

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Mine developed a fault in Germany. Decided to limp home early

Well out of any warranty so took to a garage my son uses.

He delved a little further and while the P20E8 was the main code a more sophisticated diagnostic reader further fault codes which indicated the PAT ( eolys) system fault which needs fixing.

Will let you all know when it’s sorted.

Apparently this system is in addition to the adblue system on PSA vehicles and adds another solution into the fuel tank that allows the DPF to regenerate at a lower temperature.

It’s designed to last 100k miles until needing refilling.

Any way as its is sort of part of the emissions system, if it develops a fault it gets flagged up on the dash as an adblue fault and P20E8 for basic fault readers.

Also delving deeper into it. Apparently in Italy, the authorities have stipulate manufacturers have to repair adblue faults at their cost.

Such is the what is becoming an abnormal number of system failures due to how shit these systems are.

Belgium is also heading along those lines too but. It fully as yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back