Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 27, 2022
Banbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg carabus
Exp
Since 2021
My wife and I hope to visit the Bordeaux region and stay at a few vinyard type stays. Could anyone suggest a few good spots. Also we like small but interesting towns if anyone has suggestions.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Marquis de Vauban, Blaye
Second a visit to Blaye. Just check what day the local market it. And go then. There are 2 aires , both opposite each other .one is free with ehu water and dump chateau de marquis vauban. Or the municipal aire across the road for around 8 euros. Its a 15 min walk to the citidal and town which is worth a visit.

Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Second a visit to Blaye. Just check what day the local market it. And go then. There are 2 aires , both opposite each other .one is free with ehu water and dump chateau de marquis vauban. Or the municipal aire across the road for around 8 euros. Its a 15 min walk to the citidal and town which is worth a visit.
Jimbo, they now charge at the vineyard. Not expensive, I think about €12 with the ehu and waste etc. and you get the free wine tasting at 17.30. 🍷
But then again you do if you're staying on the aire. A guy comes round asking if you want to come over. Hoping you buy a bottle or two.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Jimbo, they now charge at the vineyard. Not expensive, I think about €12 with the ehu and waste etc. and you get the free wine tasting at 17.30. 🍷
But then again you do if you're staying on the aire. A guy comes round asking if you want to come over. Hoping you buy a bottle or two.
Thanks. Didn't realise they charged now. We haven't been there for a few years. Was tempted last year but zoomed past on our way back from Beni.
I suppose it was good whilst it lasted. We used to do the tasting and buy a few bottles in lieu of the free overnighting.it was worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
These places with a tractor are vineyards, mostly free.
We have visited the one near the top and can well recommend it.
Screenshot_20240729-185149.png

Aug 15, 2022
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
1 year and a bit
Only thing I can advise is to by some Chateau de Marze
£6 or £7 (euros but I don’t have the key!)
Only saw it in Leclerc (?) Supermarche

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Another vote for Blaye. Bordeaux is beautiful too. St Emilion as well.
Second vote for St Emilion . Park up in carpark next to school at roundabout on outskirts .
Shop next to [near?] roundabout great for wine purchasing . Madame is very helpful . Good saleswoman as well .

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
There’s a Yelloh Village campsite just outside St Emilion we stayed at for a couple of nights 2 years ago. They ran a minibus into/out of St Emilion and we also cycled around the area from there amongst the vines

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
If you call in at one of the tourist information offices in the area they will usually supply a list of vineyards that are happy to welcome motorhomes.

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
There’s a Yelloh Village campsite just outside St Emilion we stayed at for a couple of nights 2 years ago. They ran a minibus into/out of St Emilion and we also cycled around the area from there amongst the vines
Stayed there a few years ago . Walked (2 miles?) back from the town in the dark , full of wine . Car passed me , very close , ended up in the ditch

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Also stayed at a small vineyard in Haut Medoc . Almost in the front garden of the house but still private . Peaceful place , good wine tasting , excellent wine . Madame was very firm with me when I described her wines as 'Bordeaux' . They are Haut Medoc . Can't find the place but it is there .
Should add re previous post that when I said 'full of wine' I was referring to myself . Though , obviously , St Emilion itself is pretty choc-a-bloc with wine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back