Bollington (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
We stayed in the car park of the Poachers Inn in Bollington. Had a cracking meal.
Earlier in the day we parked the camper in Marple where my wife had a mooch round while I cycled a (very hilly) circular route among some stunning scenery.

One slight word of warning, our van is a PVC and the road from Marple via Disley to Bollington was testy in our van die to some little roads- shortest route on the Sat Nav I presume. I wouldn't have fancied that route in a bigger motorhome. Other routes are available.

But a lovely part of the world - basically on the edge of the Peak District.

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
My other half lived in Bollington when we got together. Yes plenty of pubs. There is a great cycle path (flat), used to be an old railway track called the Middlewood way. Runs from Macclesfield to Marple. Highly recommended for anyone wanting an easy ride with no vehicles (or even just walking the dog).

Aug 18, 2017
SK10
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Bollington is a pain to drive through in a regular car, never mind a motorhome. Narrow streets and parked cars make for a difficult transit through the village.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Bollington is a pain to drive through in a regular car, never mind a motorhome. Narrow streets and parked cars make for a difficult transit through the village.

There's not really much need to drive through the village unless your visiting
The A523 is a much better option to bypass the village
The narrow lanes are worthwhile a bit of effort for visiting an interesting little village

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jo May
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
My other half lived in Bollington when we got together. Yes plenty of pubs. There is a great cycle path (flat), used to be an old railway track called the Middlewood way. Runs from Macclesfield to Marple. Highly recommended for anyone wanting an easy ride with no vehicles (or even just walking the dog).
Yes that was the last 7 or 8 miles of a 25+ miler. The first 17 or so were mighty hilly but lovely.
It's great that many former railways have been repurposed for walking / cycling. There were plenty up north when I did a C2C ride last year. Even old fatso can manage the gentle inclines!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back