Bilstein Camper Dampers

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Worceste
Exp
Since 2013
Autosleeper Worcester/Winchcombe on Mercedes Sprinter base.

Van is quite wobbly on site when one of us moves around, but drives OK with a bit of see sawing and some wallowing around roundabouts etc.

So investigated solution and the above dampers were recommended, and luckily they have just released the Mercedes version of their B6 Camper Dampers, so ordered a set.

OK so finally received and fitted my Bilstein Camper dampers, and tested on 175 miles of winding Welsh roads of poor surface and lots of potholes.

Cost was £290 and my local garage fitted them in 45 minutes at a bargain £54.

Drive was not bad before but now is faultless with zero wallowing around bends and no see sawing of back end at all, so very pleasing.

Other half reckons there is less wobble on site when one of us is moving around in the van which was my original problem bui I am not totally convinced, so I think we will have to use the stabilisers more often.

So original Dampers were 11 years old and obviously worked hard supporting a vehicle at max weight 24/7.

If you are unhappy with the handling of your van they are certainly a worthwhile upgrade and give a spot on driving experience.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Loads of Sprinters out there seems to have kn@ckered rear shocks so maybe a design fault. They only do anything when going over bumps so high mileage is more of a problem than old age.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back