bigger fuel tank for a fiat ducato 2.3 autotrail 634 2017.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
in order for autotrail to massage the 3.5 ton load ability i find on filling it up i have a 60 ltr fuel tank and i want to put a bigger one on - at least a 90 ltr but a 120 ltr one would be better, they are plastic now, and weigh almost nothing but as soon as i do a search for a replacement i get serial numbers aplenty but not one indicated its capacity so its tricky to identify - of course i could go to fiat and pay them 700 quid for one but im willing to bet my dead granny they wouldnt have a clue what the capacity was.
I am sure there is a serial number differance between each version/capacity - any thoughts how i could lay my hands on one ?

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I think to 60 litre tank is already 90 l but a vent limits the fill. There's a thread somewhere about how to overide it

wow that would be a nice upgrade if possible

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
how do i find that thread ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years

Post 16 menions it., 60 litre tank.

Used search facility on blue banner top right of page.

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
DITTO - IM blown away ... ok so the stupid question, can this be done in situ ? or does the tank have to be drained and removed ?

im already thinking im underqualified to attempt this..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I think to 60 litre tank is already 90 l but a vent limits the fill. There's a thread somewhere about how to overide it
Yes I did read that also, according to the contributor all Ducatos apparently have a 90l tank but only the Heavy Chassis has the capacity to fill to 90l forget the thread and the contributor of the info.

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
hi dash, can you please explain using small words for me - capacity to fill ? i dont understand
do you mean weight wise ? my van is uprated to 3850 kilos so not an issue, or am i not understanding

Stealaway

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Any special reason for fitting a bigger tank? I seldom more than half fill my one.

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
yes im tired of filling it up every day when abroad, i almost always drive more than 250 miles a day which drives me nuts as not only do i have to fill up every day it also means i have to mess about searching for a garage/supermarket ect at the end of a tiring day or as soon as i start the following morning. the previous van had a 90ltr tank which gave me another 6 gallon / 180 mile range - much more comfortable and usable.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
DITTO - IM blown away ... ok so the stupid question, can this be done in situ ? or does the tank have to be drained and removed ?

Having been in the Motor trade far more years than I care to recall and looking at your Avatar
I'd say you are more than qualified

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
hahahaahhaah !

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
ok, so.. does anybody know
a: can the sender be removed and doctored without removing the tank and draining it ?
b: can the sender be replaced with a 90 ltr version so it works properly and of course would be without the white tube/vent .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My van is the euro5+ and has a 120 ltr tank. Compared to my old van with the smaller tank I can say its a great time saving option and I wouldnt want to be without it.
What are the euro 6 tank sizes, as I was told they are reduced to fit the adblue tank?

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
mine is euro 6 but no adblue, and frankly im struggling to find out myself
the autotrail's are heavy old hectors even now and so they reduced the capacity of the tank so they could say " weight is .... with a full tank NOT with a number of litres in - sneaky eh.

:)

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My van is the euro5+ and has a 120 ltr tank. Compared to my old van with the smaller tank I can say its a great time saving option and I wouldnt want to be without it.
What are the euro 6 tank sizes, as I was told they are reduced to fit the adblue tank?
65 Lt with the option of 90 Lt, most of the German converters fit the 90 Lt.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
yes im tired of filling it up every day when abroad, i almost always drive more than 250 miles a day which drives me nuts as not only do i have to fill up every day it also means i have to mess about searching for a garage/supermarket ect at the end of a tiring day or as soon as i start the following morning. the previous van had a 90ltr tank which gave me another 6 gallon / 180 mile range - much more comfortable and usable.
I don't spent time looking for fuel,,I just pull into one en route.Loads of filling stations in most of Europe.
BUSBY,

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
yes of course Busby, but when your filling up 60- 90 ltrs every day its astute to find supermarket prices when possible. Im simply saying life is easier if i dont have to fill up every day.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
what he said ^^^^^ pm Steve N Tracy he might know.Whoever it was described in detail ,recently, how to do it & sort the guages.

as above

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
my euro6 dont use adblu and the tank is 90ltr but it is german

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Here are some instructions I found after I did mine, the instructions on how to do it they are in German but opening the link in chrome browser will automatically translate, I used a cable tie instead of a brass nail to avoid the light coming on as the fuel sender contact moved off the windings.
https://www.ducatoschrauber.de/tankgeber-tuning-ducato-250/

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Our Euro 5+ Rapido is 90ltr.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Yes I did read that also, according to the contributor all Ducatos apparently have a 90l tank but only the Heavy Chassis has the capacity to fill to 90l forget the thread and the contributor of the info.
I have put more than 60l in my tank.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I have put more than 60l in my tank.
Good for you. I can get more than 70l in my Volvo tank which is more than stated capacity. I am only quoting a previous poster saying all Ducatos have a 90l tank but only the heavy chassis can fill to that for reasons he stated. If you can get 90l in I'm happy for you.

OP
OP
roadwarrior
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Good for you. I can get more than 70l in my Volvo tank which is more than stated capacity. I am only quoting a previous poster saying all Ducatos have a 90l tank but only the heavy chassis can fill to that for reasons he stated. If you can get 90l in I'm happy for you.
IM GONNA BLOODY WELL TRY NOW, maybe if i use a truck nozzle i can trick it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back