Best TV aerial?

Likes collected
Funster No
Best TV arerial? Had my Malibou for a few weeks now and still trying to get things going. There is a Maxview Gazelle Pro on the roof but I don’t seem to be able get any reception. Can you suggest anything that may help or should I be looking at another aerial. THanks in advance.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Best TV arerial? Had my Malibou for a few weeks now and still trying to get things going. There is a Maxview Gazelle Pro on the roof but I don’t seem to be able get any reception. Can you suggest anything that may help or should I be looking at another aerial. THanks in advance.
Is the variable power booster powered on and adjusted?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Since 2004
The booster needs a 12v supply. I believe it also puts 5v or 12v up to a mast head unit. If the coax connection is not good, the mast head will get too little or no power and will not function.

With a multimeter disconnect both ends of the booster to aerial and check core and a screen continuity which should be close to zero ohms. Then check the core to screen which should be a high number of ohms. Don't know but guessing 10k or more.

Then with the booster switched on measure the voltage between screen and core on the side the aerial is connected to.

OP
OP
colyboy
Likes collected
Funster No
Thank you all for prompt replies. It’s so good to belong to MHF.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
A good large screen tablet and lots of data. Wee have an 11" tablet which, on the table, gives a larger screen then the TV halfway down the van. I get 70gb on my phone which I can use in EU for £9.90/month. Then we just use the phone as a wifi hotspot. The content is so much better than you can get with an aerial.

OP
OP
colyboy
Likes collected
Funster No
Not yet,we are still moving to our new to us bungalow I am afraid it’s got to be second in line to the wardrobes etc etc

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I brought one of these after another Funsters recommended it. Must say it’s the best tv aerial I’ve ever use.

IMG_3894.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu 600 DBK
Exp
Years of Caravan, now got our new Malibu PVC
I brought one of these after another Funsters recommended it. Must say it’s the best tv aerial I’ve ever use.

View attachment 963842
I also bought one of these with no real expectation that it would work. Went around the country for the last 3 weeks and I was astonished, open roof, reach out and stick it on the roof (PVC), tune telly and perfect signal. Once we had to move it about, but overall brilliant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not yet,we are still moving to our new to us bungalow I am afraid it’s got to be second in line to the wardrobes etc etc
Fingers crossed it's just something daft like the powered booster (don't ask how we know!). :whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back