Best SIM card for Europe (1 Viewer)

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
She will send it to your home, takes usually 14 days then you email her when you are ready to activate it,
This sound great, especially if it can be used in Spain and France which are the countries we will be visiting this year. How do you pay for the sim card, please? Does Camino refer you to an online card payment system? Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Sep 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
No mention so far of Broadband Go Data SIMs? https://broadbandgo.com/#/ I have bought a MaxView Combo Antenna/router set and it comes with a Broadband Go Data SIM with 5GB loaded onto it. It seems clever because it supposedly attaches to whatever network is providing the best signal, even in the UK (MaxView said it was "all networks", but the BG website says only Vodafone, Three and O2, so not EE, which is a bit of a "gap"). So helps to address worries about best coverage where we're going next (wilds of Scotland). Also roams right across Europe on the same basis (just some of the old Yugoslav states, Belorus and Georgia with no coverage, and limited to only one local network in Finland, Denmark and Croatia, for some reason). Pricing options seem a bit fiddly - three levels of annual sub which buy you 2, 4 or 10GB per month at £59, 89 and £199 per year (the two larger ones including a 30 day "rollover" of unused data) - then you can add additional bundles, the most useful looking being £35 for a 20GB bundle valid for 30 days. Has anyone had any experience of them? The multiple UK network feature seems to be the main advantage, but the pricing is clearly not as good as some of the other options people have mentioned.

Jan 19, 2020
Paisley
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 75fl
Exp
Since 2007
I am the OP. I am happy with Smarty for our phones when we are in UK. Not that much data used when we are out and about and I get 40Gb for £9. But we need more than 12Gb each when in Europe. So I just want a SIM that I can use in MiFi to give more. I have never said I wanted 100Gb, just seeing whats on the market
Why not have multiple smarty sims on 12Gb if that there max fair usage abroad

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
No mention so far of Broadband Go Data SIMs? https://broadbandgo.com/#/ I have bought a MaxView Combo Antenna/router set and it comes with a Broadband Go Data SIM with 5GB loaded onto it. It seems clever because it supposedly attaches to whatever network is providing the best signal, even in the UK (MaxView said it was "all networks", but the BG website says only Vodafone, Three and O2, so not EE, which is a bit of a "gap"). So helps to address worries about best coverage where we're going next (wilds of Scotland). Also roams right across Europe on the same basis (just some of the old Yugoslav states, Belorus and Georgia with no coverage, and limited to only one local network in Finland, Denmark and Croatia, for some reason). Pricing options seem a bit fiddly - three levels of annual sub which buy you 2, 4 or 10GB per month at £59, 89 and £199 per year (the two larger ones including a 30 day "rollover" of unused data) - then you can add additional bundles, the most useful looking being £35 for a 20GB bundle valid for 30 days. Has anyone had any experience of them? The multiple UK network feature seems to be the main advantage, but the pricing is clearly not as good as some of the other options people have mentioned.

Because 10Gb a month or 20Gb is as good as a chocolate teapot given a SINGLE match in good quality on Now TV these days can be 5Gb.

If I'm watching my football team play just their own matches via their own website or NowTV when on Sky... we need around 50Gb a month for minimal TV.
Putting it in context we went out in the van yesterday 9-5pm and used 10Gb in the short period we were not out walking before we left site! I have no idea how but we both were only on the ipads for 30 mins, but I suspect the reason was that when we recomissioned the van there were a few Gb of software updates for the firestick and other devices (including the ipads).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back