Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 29, 2019
Somerset, near Wincanton
Funster No
MH
Mirage 5000 A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Been getting a drip occasionally in heavy rain from side window. I suspect the sealant at the top of the window has failed.

We are off to Ireland on Friday and looking for recommendations for best sealant for the job.

TIA

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Sikaflex gets a lot of mentions, although I'm not personally qualified enough to say just how good or appropriate it is.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
14 years with an RV
I sealed one or two of my previous `RV's by removing the window frame and applying butyl mastic tape. That sorts it!

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Not sikaflex or a PU - thats often shouted about, as does silicone, but goes solid/dry/cracks (and it needs to move due to different expansion between metal/plastic) - and cracks/leaks. silicone comes off with swearing. PU/Sikaflex comes off eventually with lots of swearing and damage. (If sikaflex comes off easy, it probably didn't bond - as it does need primer which no one uses)

* Many sikaflex products out there, just most use whatever is at hand

You need non-setting mastic

My choice is Decaseal 8936. Google it, YT it.

It gets put on line normal silicone, juts do loads so it overflows and makes a mess. Unlike silicone it never dries and "dabs off" - so I use a credit card around the window edge to "cut" the excess. Then grab a ball of it and "dab it off" - literally it sticks to itself and comes off without leaving mark/residue. My "dab ball" is in the conservatory for 3y and its still malleable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back