Best fiat spec oil

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Fiat seem to have stopped Petronas selling their approved oils where they want. Hence the price has shot up.
My euro5+ uses 5w30 and equivalent oils are hard to find. Shell helix used to have the fiat spec on it but now it doesn't. I presume Fiats work!
Personally it makes their vans less attractive if you can't get them serviced anywhere. Northern commercial are nolonger Fiat Professionals. I phoned a listed Fiat dealer and got some trade prices for oil £81.00, Air filter £39.00 oil filter £15 all plus vat and that's trade prices!
What equivalent oil have you found?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504 2014
Exp
Too long
I have just used Shell Helix Ultra Pro AP-L 5W-30 fully synthetic ACEA C2PSA as the nearest I could find. Good price and next day delivery fro Smith and Allan. How times have changed since Duckhams 20/50. This oil is so slick, hard to grip anything with the slightest trace of oil on it. £30 for 5L delivered!

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
Shell helix used to have the fiat spec on it but now it doesn't. I presume Fiats work!
I use Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30. This meets the same ACEA C2 spec and Fiat 9.55535-GS1, 9.55535-DS1.
It is readily available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I have just used Shell Helix Ultra Pro AP-L 5W-30 fully synthetic ACEA C2PSA as the nearest I could find. Good price and next day delivery fro Smith and Allan. How times have changed since Duckhams 20/50. This oil is so slick, hard to grip anything with the slightest trace of oil on it. £30 for 5L delivered!
+1 for Smith and Allan
They are top class oil sellers and mixers used by many classic car owners and professionals. My Volvo requires 0-20 (think milk consistency!) which Castrol Edge charge the earth for. S&A will do me the exact same spec in a 20ltr delivered for half the price of the Edge. 150k miles on engine still runs clean.
First class company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back