LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Iā€™d absolutely bother, as do lots of other Funstersā€¦

Iā€™ve been using this for past 12 years and it never ceases to amaze me how much moisture is in the air. Itā€™s ok saying thereā€™s plenty of ventilation, but if itā€™s cold damp air coming in, then this is ideal.

IMG_3859.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg

More to search through hereā€¦

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Talking about vehicles left on forecourts over winter, I walked past a dealership yesterday morning and the inside of every single vehicle on the forecourt was covered in so much moisture, you couldnā€™t see inside it. Came past a few hours later and it had gone. It was still inside, waiting for the sunshine to go back in and itā€™ll be back. Tis the same with nearly all motorhomes on a forecourt.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Iā€™d absolutely bother, as do lots of other Funstersā€¦

Iā€™ve been using this for past 12 years and it never ceases to amaze me how much moisture is in the air. Itā€™s ok saying thereā€™s plenty of ventilation, but if itā€™s cold damp air coming in, then this is ideal.

View attachment 952087

View attachment 952088

More to search through hereā€¦

I also have one of these and have been impressed with its performance..

Upvote 0
May 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Converted VW Crafter
In my experience, the unibond ones didn't reduce the moisture at all. I'm quite a geek and I had a humidity sensor next to it and it didn't change at all the whole time I had it. Therefore I would recommend a mains operated one.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd not bother.
You are better off cracking open a window or roof vent and ensuring all bedding is removed and open every internal locker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
We had an old car which we weren't using and it sat on the drive all winter - mould growing on the fabric by spring due to the dampness building up and not escaping.

I use a 240V dehumidifier set on a low setting in the colder/damper parts of the winter in the van. Since it will be cold in the van, a compressor based dehumidifier will be little use (they work best in warm conditions). Get a dessicant based one (they have a rotating dessicant wheel inside that absorbs moisture during most of the revolution, then is heated to drive out the moisture at one point and then the driven out moisture condenses and collects).

I have the EcoAir DD1 Simple (actually have 2, one for the van and one for an outbuilding with stuff in that doesn't want to get damp/rusty)

cheers,

Robin

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
For various reasons, mostly to do with guitars, I started monitoring the humidity levels around our house (in 3 separate places).
I have purchased a few things over recent years, ranging in price from Ā£10 to Ā£150, but if it's not raining outside and there's even the slightest breeze, if I open the front door and the back door, the humidity drops considerably within 3 or 4 minutes.
My top of the range Ā£150 dehumidifier takes hours and hours to achieve the same job.
The process begins again the following morning šŸ˜†

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back