Bentley Cobalt Automatic 2011, (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi Everyone

Sweet Caroline MIGHT be back on the road with the above motorhome, as I miss you guys so much ! I am viewing this tomorrow, and want to know if there are any adversaries, on this model that I should be looking for? I am taking 2 guys with me, for a test drive, one is a police officer, and the other a Mate, so they know nothing about motorhomes, and wanted to put this out there, with anybody else, that might also have this model, and hopefully loves it more than hates their purchase ? A quick response would be great, as we see it at 9am in the morning, haha Thank you so much guys

Caroline

(y)(y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Make sure you have a look at this, as it may help…

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
sorry a bit deep for me, and not sure how it will help me in my purchase so sorry
I only added the link to make it easier for others to see.
It looks like a nice van. My only concern might be the payload with 3250kg max weight. Probably OK for one or two if you travel light.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
I only added the link to make it easier for others to see.
It looks like a nice van. My only concern might be the payload with 3250kg max weight. Probably OK for one or two if you travel light.
hi there,

I have looked at the motorhome check list, and realise, that I must keep within the payload, or I might not get an insurance, but as it will only be me travelling alone, I think I will be fine thank you. as I said, I will be buying it tomorrow, well getting RAC check list, and Habitation Check first, so will hold it with a 10 per cent payment, then hopefully if all is well, drive it away next Saturday, to the coast somewhere in Norfolk, maybe Whoppee, Heres to RETIREMENT as a single solo traveller

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Looks like a well looked after motorhome

Self levelling is a nice feature, best of luck with your viewing 👍
thank you for your positive response, a huge purchase, after a nightmare purchase 2 years ago, it has taken me this long to find the right one, and feel comfortable to buy another one, albeit, not off a dealership, it is from a Motorhome Broker, who will give warranties, and do all the TEST at my cost before I purchase it

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
thank you for your positive response, a huge purchase, after a nightmare purchase 2 years ago, it has taken me this long to find the right one, and feel comfortable to buy another one, albeit, not off a dealership, it is from a Motorhome Broker, who will give warranties, and do all the TEST at my cost before I purchase it
I don't like being negative but most warranties on older vehicles are like Swiss cheese - full of holes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to get the broker to arrange the inspections before buying it or not. Hopefully they would give an independent assessment but if they get quite a few bookings from the broker they might be less likely to mention possible issues.
Lets hope it's as good as it looks!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When you see it put the number plate into the DVLA mot check webpage. It will give you the previous mot history and mileage history together with any previous mot advisories. Id also look at the number of previous owners and how often it's changed hands if it's been very short ownership a couple of times recently it might indicate people finding problems ( or of course could just be people buying a dream and finding they don't like motorhomes!).
It looks really nice in the pictures.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Looks like a well looked after motorhome

Self levelling is a nice feature, best of luck with your viewing 👍
Hi there David,

Took 2 male friends up with me, to check it out, and had a test drive, and stayed looking over it, for over 2 hours! So today, with a DEPOSIT, I am a new owner of a Bentley Motorhome ! whoppeee. RAC Check next week, and a Habitation too, I will take ownership of my ne MH next Friday. It needs, new Decal at the side, as it has been sitting out in the sun or Norfolk, but apart from, that it is a great van, and the self leveller is fantastic too !

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Welcome to the motorhome owners' community! I'm sure you will have lots of lovely journeys.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Welcome to the motorhome owners' community! I'm sure you will have lots of lovely journeys.
I am delighted with my purchase, albeit, it needs a good clean , inside and outside, with probably new decal on the outside. Also do you know where I would get carpets from , as the van has none, but the studs are on the floor though ?

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Thank you everyone for including me into your motorhome community, I feel very privileged

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
You might want to check out the recent thread “Your Thoughts Sought..” on here - discussion of replacement decals. And Wiljoy has a lot of knowledge of graphics and may be able to help or advise?
I seem to recall from previous discussions of getting carpets replaced that some members have had success in approaching local carpet fitters?
In any event, hope you enjoy your purchase!

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
What good news ,It does look a nice van. I hope you find this constructive advice.
As soon as you get it get yourself to a weigh bridge. Its advertised as 3250kg and its on a Renault traffic which is a smaller axles than the master which is 3500kg
I would be shocked if you have any payload with the awning gas bottles and self leveling.
If you do find this to be the case i think it would be reasonable to go back to motorhome depot asking them to pay to have it uprated to 3500kg out of there £3000 commission even if that ment new tyres
I hope its not the case but if you leave it you will have lost the chance to go back to them
We have a simular van but on a master and have a small payload

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back