Beach front pitch (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
in process
Last year was our first year "motor homing" around France. Last year we went with my parents using their van and now we are in the process of getting our own.

One of our stays was camping les mures.
It was amazing!
We had beach parking, evening entertainment, lovely complex, sandy beach, clear sea and Close to lots of towns (St tropez, port grimauld and St maxime)

However, we would like something similar which is closer to calais but which will still have the same to offer (including weather) during the summer july-aug.

As stated we are very new to this so any advice would be great. (2 young kids which struggled with the journey otherwise we'd be heading straight back to camping les mures)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would be looking for riverside or lakeside campsites as nearest beaches are channel and similar weather patterns to UK. Often the larger campsites have man made beaches to the river or lake for the children to spash around in. Weather likely to be more settled than the northern coast.
If you look at the ACSI website, you can filter your search for the amenities wanted. Unfortunately as you are stuck with school holidays, it is probably best to book somewhere rather than just follow the weather.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I would have 3 or 4 plans and be looking at the weather all the time. I would also not discount the Alsace and black forest as it may not have the allure of st Tropez but your kids may appreciate some of the lakes and stunning wine villages and 6 hoursish free motorway travel from Calais helps

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We used to use Haven sites where you could take your own ‘outfits’ staying on their mainly static sites

They have . Or had 30 years ago :whistle2: a few in France, need to look myself for taking my grandsons now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Last year was our first year "motor homing" around France. Last year we went with my parents using their van and now we are in the process of getting our own.

One of our stays was camping les mures.
It was amazing!
We had beach parking, evening entertainment, lovely complex, sandy beach, clear sea and Close to lots of towns (St tropez, port grimauld and St maxime)

However, we would like something similar which is closer to calais but which will still have the same to offer (including weather) during the summer july-aug.

As stated we are very new to this so any advice would be great. (2 young kids which struggled with the journey otherwise we'd be heading straight back to camping les mures)
I'm afraid the nearest place to get Mediterranean type weather is ... er... the Mediterranean.
And the nearest bit of the Mediterranean to the UK is basically where you were last year.

That said, there are some fabulous lakes in southern Germany where you will find sand, 'see', and sangria and hot weather.
With some great 'seeside' resorts with all that you need.

One option that might be worth looking at, and possibly save time and money is to fly down and hire a motorhome in the south of France.

Or a possibly better variation would be to drive to Harwich, Stena Line overnight in a cabin (fun for the kids) arrive in Hook of Holland next morning and you can be in Dusseldorf by lunch time.
Rent a motorhome there (loads of options) and then pootle your way to southern Germany via the Rhein.

In Germany because there is such a large motorhome rental market you have a lot of choice, the motorhomes are of a high spec and the it's by far the cheapest place to rent from.

We rented in Germany twice before we bought one, as it very much changed our minds on the sort of van we thought we wanted to buy to what we actually needed to buy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
since 2006
We used to use Haven sites where you could take your own ‘outfits’ staying on their mainly static sites

They have . Or had 30 years ago :whistle2: a few in France, need to look myself for taking my grandsons all the time off season but non in France.
use them all the time off season in the uk but non in France

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We have stayed here in Brittany close to the beach ⛱️
1000024436.jpg