Jun 3, 2022
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 200
Exp
30 years
Hi All,
Just wanted to hear anyone's experiences or suggestions for getting a survey done on the base vehicle part of our motorhome. I don't mean habitation, or overall motorhome survey, important though those are, I just want an independent opinion of the base van to see whether it's worth doing more work on the motorhome part.

Obviously there are organisations like AA & RAC, as well as local mechanics and vehicle inspectors. What I don't want is anyone in the motorhome trade, so it's totally independent with no interest in selling us another van!

I'm in Northumberland, so if anyone has experience of having this done, in the North East, any suggestions?

Thanks

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I would run mine to a reasonably close local garage who I trust and pay them an hour labour to give me an opinion. Probably best to seek local advice to find such a garage.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I think to have meaningful survey there would need to be some well chosen questions on
reliability
Running costs
Repairs / spares
Support network
And probably much much more.

Not a small task to do properly and meaningful, other than that you would get personal choice taking over.

However, you could just simply have a tick box “ which is best” fiat , merc, Renault, iveco, Ford etc.

As members of the forum we can’t agree on carrying a spare wheel, or if AGM leisure batteries are any good 🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• hja
Back