Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Had to come back to the UK early due to Lynne’s mum loosing her battle with the big C .

I can’t believe how cold it is in the UK I don’t like it lol , it’s also never stopped raining .While Lynne’s at her mums house sorting everything out for her dad . I thought I would give the van a good clean ,polish and wax but it’s too cold.

Not sure what to do now Lynne has been away for 2 days I’ve booked the van into the dealers for the warranty jobs also booked engine service.

Also booked into auto gas at Thirsk to have gas filters fitted .

Booked into Reliance to have toggle switch fitted to engine battery to stop power drain ( sick of waiting for Carthago to come up with a fix its only been 18mths )

Booked into Breeze blinds to have 3 blinds repaired just incase Carthago don’t send them ( I’ve been waiting 9 months for new blinds from Carthago )

Also booked in for another 100w solar panel to be fitted .

Just before we got back to the UK the sat dish stopped locking on , booked into Teleco agent to be repaired.

Had 2 12v hella sockets fitted last year by a Carthago dealer they are pulling power from engine battery LOL , booked into the dealer who fitted them for repair or remove .

Booked 3 shows with fun and 2 rallies for this year .

I was going to have a drink last night but it’s not the same without Lynne nagging how much I’m drinking LOL , Ive asked her to send a voice message of her moaning about how much Im drinking lol .

Also ordered loads of stuff off ebay and ebay Germany lol , one Item I ordered was 4 x lotus polish love this stuff it smells so good .

Hope she gets back soon or I will be skint lol

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Had to come back to the UK early due to Lynne’s mum loosing her battle with the big C .

I can’t believe how cold it is in the UK I don’t like it lol , it’s also never stopped raining .While Lynne’s at her mums house sorting everything out for her dad . I thought I would give the van a good clean ,polish and wax but it’s too cold.

Not sure what to do now Lynne has been away for 2 days I’ve booked the van into the dealers for the warranty jobs also booked engine service.

Booked into Reliance to have toggle switch fitted to engine battery to stop power drain ( sick of waiting for Carthago to come up with a fix its only been 18mths )

Booked into Breeze blinds to have 3 blinds repaired just incase Carthago don’t send them ( I’ve been waiting 9 months for new blinds from Carthago )

Just before we got back to the UK the sat dish stopped locking on , booked into Teleco agent to be repaired.

Had 2 12v hella sockets fitted last year by a Carthago dealer they are pulling power from engine battery LOL , booked into the dealer who fitted them for repair or remove .

I was going to have a drink last night but it’s not the same without Lynne nagging how much I’m drinking LOL , Ive asked her to send a voice message of her moaning about how much Im drinking lol .

Also ordered loads of stuff off ebay and ebay Germany lol , one Item I ordered was 4 x lotus polish love this stuff it smells so good .

A funny for the spending , but of course condolences for Lynne and you on death of mum.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I gave a funny like, but condolences to Lynne and the family.
So much cancer around Janie flies back again on Thursday to visit her brother and son in laws mum, who has just been taken into care, all very sad and you never know what's around the corner. :(
But luckily I have hardly any jobs to do, far to hot to wash and polish motorhomes :LOL: and it's a fulltime job looking after the dog to the manner she is accustomed to. ;) :LOL: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
How great this weather is! Cool with rain and occasional sleet and hardly a break in the sky.
Of course I miss India where we have been for the last four weeks but this weather makes such a lovely change.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Cold,,,its over 12 degs and sunny here,,Been lovely all week except for tue,,Sunny mild but it has been windy..Excellent walking weather,,been a decent winter up to now.BUSBY:):):D:D

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Condolences on the loss of your mother in law.
You'll both soon be on the road again to warmer climes.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Paul Sorry to hear about Lynne,s Mum its always a worry when your folks are in poor health and your away .It looks like you have come home in the middle of the monsoon season, you have been spoilt with all that sun .Hope to see you both at Chester and we can compare notes as we have bought another van from where you bought yours. Mike and Tina

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
condolences for your loss. at least mum is no longer in pain

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Quick update found out why sat dish was not locking on don't forget this was a factory fitted sat dish , the cables had fire damage from the oven.

Who the hell runs cables above a oven you can see all the scorch marks on cables and flu vent should be white.All the cables were sitting on top of the oven.

IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Zepp
Sorry to hear about your bereavement.

Enjoy the rain though, it will make that lovely sun all the better when you get back to your travels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back