Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
After having a Superdream 250, GSX750, Gpz900r, ZZR600 and a Ducati ST2 then a 25 year gap, there was always an itch that needed a scratch.Today my wallet is £500 lighter and much more to come including a trailer for the new purchase and 2 emtb's.3 weeks to collection will seem as long as the 23 months for the motorhome 😁
20240622_161328.jpg

OP
OP
GMLS
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
That has to be a bargain at £500 👍
A lot more to come unfortunately.That just got me a bit of paper with my name on it.Last time it got kitted up it was Frank Thomas leather or Belstaff wax cotton.So much choice now.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Congrats @GMLS(y)
I guess there are loads of us constantly wondering about getting back in the saddle after many years of being on four wheels only, missing that feeling of freedom that only a bike can provide.
I think your choice to ride again is not only brave, but a good one, and I wish you much joy & excitement on your travels, keep us posted on your experiences & travels.(y)
I needed to bring myself up to date and discover your chosen new bike for myself as things move as such a fast pace these days, with so much out there.
In doing so I found this you tube video to share with you & all, I think you will feel quite smug listening to the summary at end of this review, so again, well done enjoy, hope the wait time flashes past.(y):giggle:
LES
I guess You may have already seen this review, but hey ho, I/we hadn't, and it looks very positive to further cement your choice.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Getting very tempted for one of these for myself. Looking at the the Speed 400

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Get yourself on an IAM motorcycle course!
After all those years you will find the roads full of idiots intent on killing you.
True, our roads are full of selfish zombies, crawling along in a moving tailback and totally oblivious to their surroundings. Motorcycles put the fun back into going places 😜

OP
OP
GMLS
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Get yourself on an IAM motorcycle course!
After all those years you will find the roads full of idiots intent on killing you.
No change there then! Lol
Yes planning on doing that. There is certainly much more choice with kit these days.

OP
OP
GMLS
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Nice looking bike to get you back into it. Only 39.5bhp though so you'll probably need an upgrade in a year or 2 😈😁
I think at nearly 60 it will be plenty as only planning on using it for cruising around and taking away with the m/h.Also would probably struggle with anything else much heavier.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I would advise anyone coming back into motorcycling after a significant time away to look for bikes with long suspension travel, and test ride several different models, the state of the roads are a lot worse then they used to be and your back will thank you for buying something that can soak up the pot holes. I have an SV650 it's a great bike but the ride is so hard, even on the softest setting that it becomes uncomfortable to put much distance on it unless the roads are smooth. I wish i'd bought a trailer and a Vstrom.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
You're halfway there by buying a smallish, lightish bike with sufficient oommpphh to be a pleasant ride. I'd suggest lots of slow speed skills training....easy to do on your own (It's how most people drop bikes, slow speed manoeuvres with lots of folk watching!) I'd also heartily suggest getting off the beaten track on quieter back roads and avoiding the biker honeypot places and just riding it and getting some miles under your belt.
As an edit.....I'd also recommend getting out on it when it's raining or at least a wet road surface. You HAVE to ride more smoothly and be aware of metal street furniture, overbanding, raised painted lines etc...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back