Awning Screens

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Actively Researching
Brand spanking new to this, so here goes... Aning Screens, are the worth it?

I can see advantages and disadvantages, but we haven't used one so any advice, exeriances welcome!

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I've got one in my cellar that came with the van and never used but end up taking this instead, they take to long and just don't see the point

20240904_171323.jpg

20240829_211051.jpg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Screen House Pro 4 for us. Spent ages looking for an awning but didn't want the hassle of putting and and down (especially in the wet) and the incredibly high cost. Saw this on YouTube and got one. No, it doesn't attach to the MH as it's only a gazebo but it can stay up if you want to drive away, just fits under the wind out awning, genuinely takes one minute to assemble and take down (after a few practice goes and not including ground pegs and wine consumption!) and only costs around £250-£300. We think overall it's much better value than an awning and we love it.

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Devon Firefly
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome!
Bought one; used it once; gave it away….

edit: more trouble than it’s worth, imho!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
s
Exp
Since 2007
The privacy rooms / safari rooms are a real faff! And very heavy and take a while to set up and dismantle.
We bought one used and sold it fairly quickly, not for us.

We now use a single side panel on our windout if the weather demands; but mostly we use a front rain or sun blocker they take just a few minutes and give reasonable protection.
If you want a full awning type room then I would go for something other than a privacy room.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Unless you need a full enclosure, the panels are much more flexible in terms of use and are very quick to deploy. Plus they’re light and small to store. I barely used my roll out canopy until I got the panels and now I use it often!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We have the Dometic room used loads, takes me 45mins to put up, bulky yes, I keep all the poles in a back box, makes the bag easy to pack, ideal minimum 3/4 night stay required doubles our living space, suits us

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We have the Dometic room used loads, takes me 45mins to put up, bulky yes, I keep all the poles in a back box, makes the bag easy to pack, ideal minimum 3/4 night stay required doubles our living space, suits us
That's the real issue. If you're staying more than a few days, it's OK. Otherwise a windblocker might be better. It's your style of camping that dictates.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We use our two Thule end rain/wind blockers a lot if we’re set up for a few days in the UK. They don’t take long to put up and make the awning area so cosy and the awning more stable of course. We also have a pair of flexi shades, forgot to pack the damn things for our 7 week tour, how we missed them in 35 degrees, found them in the hall on our return!

I think the big privacy rooms are more suited for long stays perhaps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Actively Researching
Guys, thanks for taking the time to reply.. Much food for thought🤔.. We will be getting off this carousel and just going for it. Full speed ahead 🫡 taking a year out... Sooooo any advice is much welcome, like a Yorkshire Tea on a Sunday morning!. 🤙🏼

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back