Autoroute Licence Violation Problem (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi All,
I use Autoroute 2013 as a fantastic Route Planner and run it on the dashboard not for navigating but as a moving map that constantly plots a track of our every movement. I have found nothing that even comes close and certainly do not want any form of online map system.
For the second time it has failed with a Licencing Violation Error Code: 0cC004D301. Looking online most solutions are for S&T2013 in America and involves calling Microsoft which is not an option for me as I have very limited internet via Satellite, often below 1 mbps so having some Technician taking over my computer and downloading software is not an option. They seem to have to install S&T2011 to be able to do the job which would take about a day with my connection.
Has anybody found a solution. Last time I re-installed windows and then Autoroute which was stable for about a year but has failed again in the same way.
Hope somebody has a solution.
Steve

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you want a moving map there is the mapsme Android ( and probably iPhone ) free app with very good maps of everywhere stored on your device. As long as your device has GPS you can switch on a moving position marker. The maps are very detailed. I used this in Morocco to try and locate a path shown on the map but near invisible on the rough ground.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Painful we can't live without Autoroute either.

Sounds like a registry error, I would try uninstalling Autoroute using Revo Uninstaller (free version works well) and select the registry deep scan option, then reboot & reinstall.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
By searching for the error code I found this:
Thanks Keith but that looks like a very dodgy site.
I decided to reinstall Windows10 which worked fine and Autoroute then installed with no problems.
Have now done a full image of the working system onto a small portable hard disk, so if it happens again I can just replace the lot quite quickly as this is the only use I have for this little eeePC. The only problem I have now is that Win10 will not update but as it works and I do not connect it to the web, updates should not be a problem. Has anybody found a list of what C**P can be deleted from win10 as I have very small solid state disks that will only just hold Win10 on one and Autoroute on the other.
Sorry for the delay in replying, thanks for the suggestions. I have installed MapMe @hilldweller on an old android tablet to see if it is anywhere near Autoroute, I have read that it can produce a GPS track in a similar way, the main problem is the number of maps to download to cover the whole of Europe to the extent that Autoroute does.
Steve

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi all,
This is an old thread but I just changed the hard disk in my netbook to an ssd and Autoroute 2013 is now failing with a licencing initialisation error 0xC004D301.
I have tried doing a full uninstall and reinstall but it still throws the error so i presume it is detecting too many installs. I have heard that there is a patch that Msoft will install if you allow them access to the machine which i am not happy with.
Any ideas.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
I may be a Luddite but I consider Autoroute the best bit of off line mapping and navigation software just a pity it is no-longer supported. I use it with a Bluetooth GPS receiver for real time navigation and have hundreds of my own POIs added to it.

I run it on various Windows 10 machines but have it 'failed' currently on my desk-top machine showing a registry error.

Having created a personal 'Google Map' with the same POIs I guess my Huawei P20 will provide similar capabilities. This summer's holidays will confirm.

Rod

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
You can buy DVD's of Autoroute on eBay for about £12 worth a punt.
Yes that's one way round it but it then may happen again and again. I know MS don't support it but why actually try to kill it. Google maps are ok and I have my personal POI's on one but I have about 10,000 on Autoroute so without data I can very quickly see if there is somewhere to stop. I have been trying Park4Night paid for version this year and it is ok but a bit clunky. I also have been using MapsMe as a moving map which works ok but cannot hold the POI's in the same way as far as I can see and it only stores a track for 24 hours whereas up till last year I have a track of all my movements in the MoHo and have referred to them many times.
Strangely there is very little about this Autoroute 2013 problem when I search except a few threads on Streets & Trips which are never resolved.
Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used to love the big picture that Autoroute gave, the red dot showing your live location. These days for the UK I use the UK Maps App. (Not sure if its on Android) . You have ordnance survey maps of the whole of the UK and you can download 1:10000 maps of particular areas for walking. I really can't rate it highly enough and use it when walking on my phone all the time. But at 1.250000 mapping on an iPad you get the same big picture and red dot when driving and it really is superb.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Certainly get some strange errors when installing Autoroute.
When I bought 2013 I did it as a Amazon download. Downloaded it tried installing it and it kept throwing up registry & other errors, took me days of hair tearing to find out if I installed it direct from the download it worked fine.
Original license was for one PC & one laptop, relived to find when I bought a new laptop it installed OK.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Downloaded it tried installing it and it kept throwing up registry & other errors, took me days of hair tearing to find out if I installed it direct from the download it worked fine.
Hi Lenny,
Just tried that, sadly still throws the error. I suppose the only way is to contact MS. Still don't like the idea of letting anybody into my machine.
Steve

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just guessing but have you tried to install Autoroute by right clicking and Run as Administrator?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yep Tried that. Same problem.
OK, have you tried cleaning the registry using CCleaner and Clean up Residuals using iOBit (free)?
Have you got a Restore point prior to the installation failure (or system image) that you could use?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Mine was fine untill I installed windows 10 , I never got it working again and it was a original disc ( same error registry ).

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
OK, have you tried cleaning the registry using CCleaner and Clean up Residuals using iOBit (free)?
Have you got a Restore point prior to the installation failure (or system image) that you could use?
Running through CC now, it is obviously a rogue registry entry or is picking up too many installs. I will try re-installing off-line to see if that is the case. Of course with a new Hard Disk the Machine signature will be different. I don't know how to de-register the "old" machine.

Mine was fine untill I installed windows 10 , I never got it working again and it was a original disc ( same error registry ).
AR 2013 is working fine on My other laptop and was working fine on this one till I changed the Had Disk to an SSD so I could use it on the move. Both on Win10
Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since MS stopped suporting it your appear to be able to install it on more PC's than the licence allows, when the install works that is.

Not sure if you will have much luck with MS as its an unsupported product.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Of course with a new Hard Disk the Machine signature will be different.
New solid state drive shouldn't change the signature as it's a permitted upgrade \ change.
Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 or a migration \ cloning of the old HDD?
If the former have you tried to clone off your old hard drive (if still available)? This would migrate both Windows 10 and all the installed software (including Autoroute).

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi @Gellyneck ,
Thanks. There was nothing wrong with the old drive, just wanted SSD to put up with the bumps. I did a direct clone with Macrium Reflect and everything came back working fine except AR. Have now activated the hidden Admin account to avoid admin problems and done a full uninstall with iObit then a full install of AR 2013 without the internet connected which again has come up with licensing initialisation error. So there must be a hidden value somewhere. Most info on the net seems to have disapeared but I did find someone who contacted MS who installed a patch which removed itself after working. What that was I have no idea.
I am completely at a loss for ideas.
Steve

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OK. That's how I would have migrated to a new drive.
Have you tried to install Autoroute in compatibility mode?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back