Arto 79R hab door closing mechanism information please. (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I have a 2012 Arto 79R and over the last few weeks the hab door closing mechanism has started to become lazy. This is a 2 stage mechanism which pulls the door fully closed after the initial door closure. Sometimes it works first time but on other occasions it is necessary to close the door 2 or 3 times before the pull in closing mechanism activates. Please does anyone have any useful insights as to how this mechanism actually works and any servicing tips. Thanks in advance. David.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
This might be a low battery issue but no doubt sorted long ago!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
When we had our Flair, it developed a very similar issue. When you closed the door the second stage failed to pull in, not every time but most times. It was taken back to Travelworld who attempted to repair. On handing the van back I was told I was not slamming the door hard enough. I explained that the idea of these doors was you did not need to slam them. The workshop manager got a little aggressive at this stage, telling me that he had been working on these doors for 20 years and customers did not understand how they worked. I didn’t get into the fact that the doors have not been around for 20 years. Instead I led him into the showroom and showed him how a display model door worked and compared it to mine. On opening the door from the inside it was like a gun going off. I booked an appointment at Polch who replaced the door as the mechanism was under so much tension part of the linkages had buckled. Typical of my experience with Travelworld.
The door worked well for a few days after being replaced but then the same fault developed again. We have travelled a long way from Polch so I started fault finding. Given the door was new, I suspected the wiring. I tested the cables coming from the Motorhome to the door through the soft rubber conduit. I found one of the cables had an intermittent fault. Sometimes it would have continuity and other times it didn’t. I assumed the cable was broken and as the door opened and closed, sometimes it made contact and sometimes it did not. Luckily, the wiring loom had a few unused cores, so I connected up one of those and it worked perfectly after that.
To get access to the connections in the door I had to strip off the plastic door cover and from memory it was fairly easy, something tells me the door was in two halves. I’m sure you will work it out.
So my advice from a very similar issue is check the wiring…..good luck!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back