Arscilicii battery chargers (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

invinoveritas

Free Member
Sep 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rimor Evo Sound
I have a Rimor Evo Sound 2020. It is fitted with an Arsilicii BC-520 and an Arsilicii DCC-530.

Apologies, I have a silly question. Which of these units is charging the leisure battery? I currently have a wet lead acid battery (679) 110Ah leisure battery, and I would like change this to a lithium battery. I believe the BC-520 is able to charge a lithium battery (but seemingly the DCC-530 can't). Do I need to make any modifications (other than switching the microswitches on the BC-520) if I switch to lithium (probably a Fogstar Drift 230Ah if I can persuade it to fit)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The BC-520 is a mains-powered charger that only works when the mains hookup is connected. It is a smart charger with a choice of charging profiles, including one for lithium-iron. Motorhome lithium batteries are Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4 so that look like it is suitable.

The DCC-530 is a DC-DC charger, which charges the leisure battery from the alternator when the engine is running. Also referred to on here as a Battery-to-Battery (B2B) charger. It has various charging profiles for different lead-acid type batteries, but does not appear to have a lithium charging profile.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back