Are CAMC finally getting the message (2 Viewers)

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We motorhome Members are probably no longer the minority and might already be the majority. In December 2023 the outgoing Club Chairman Grenville Chamberlain (caravanner) wrote in the Club magazine that 70% of new Members have either motorhomes or campervans.
I'd also note the replacement chairman is a caravaner.

Even things like their THS seem preddominantly aimed (still) at Caravans though which is what leads me to still believe they still predominantly do things with caravanns in mind. Ref THS given it's 3 to 4 times the price per night the other club offers for THS (which I believe is entirely down to their insitance on EHU everwhere - again UNLIKE CCC) I still do question the value here (and it's notable caravan club has what 1 THS this year, and theres already LOADS on the CCC app all over uk).

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Never been to a CAMC THS ( think they call them rallys ) as they don't tend to be advertised very well and I believe booking is a prerequisit of attending..
However been to dozens of CCC THS's

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Never been to a CAMC THS ( think they call them rallys ) as they don't tend to be advertised very well and I believe booking is a prerequisit of attending..
However been to dozens of CCC THS's
Same here. I thought I would have a look to see where the CAMC rallies are and could not find a link from their website.

In the end, I found the list via Google 🤷‍♀️

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Same here. I thought I would have a look to see where the CAMC rallies are and could not find a link from their website.

In the end, I found the list via Google 🤷‍♀️
The rallys also have a far lower max-cap than CCC ones. (ie, amount of people maximum). CCC Rallys and THS are different, the Rallies are same as CAMC, smaller affairs, the THS ones in genera have larger capacitys and as such l you (usually) can rock up to without booking (sometimes need to ring a number to check space on day). The ones requiring prebooking at CCC are clearly marked.

This is something CCC does better as you can use an app to find THS within 50 miles of a place and use this to find the details without resorting to arcade Googleing.

CAMC only also send you Rallies from your local DA... no easy way to see all from everyone.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
The rallys also have a far lower max-cap than CCC ones. (ie, amount of people maximum). CCC Rallys and THS are different, the Rallies are same as CAMC, smaller affairs, the THS ones in general you can rock up to without booking (sometimes need to ring a number to check space on day).

This is something CCC does better as you can use an app to find THS within 50 miles of a place and use this to find the details without resorting to arcade Googleing.

CAMC only also send you Rallies from your local DA... no easy way to see all from everyone.
Out and about app

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back