Apple IOS 12.1.1 battery drain issues (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Bought a new 6 generation IPad a couple of weeks ago to replace my IPad Air. I did a factory reset on the Air and updated to the latest IOS software, put it on our local selling page and it sold the same day. ( cased since day 1 so unmarked) Buyer contacted me same evening saying battery was draining very rapidly, he stuck with it for a couple of days then I refunded his money as battery drain was still a problem. Tried it myself last night and wow 15 minutes of light use battery dropped from 99 to 54%. Googled battery issues with 12.1.1 update and there are hundred/thousands complaining. So if you have an older IPad be wary.
Please don’t turn this into a this is why you shouldn’t buy their products there are millions of satisfied owners worldwide.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I had this on my iPhone 6s, it only did it at certain times and apparently it surfaced two iOS upgrades ago....

It didn’t do it all the time and for the last month or so not at all... i found it did it more when I had my roaming on and my investigations concluded that it was searching fo a signal...

My iPad Pro has been fine throughout and so has my new 7+ phone..

Is the iPad Air cellular..?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Haven't noticed any issues with 12.1.1 ,on my iPhone 6s.. but there was an update last night to 12.1.2 which is also ok

my wife has a 5s updated to 12.1.2 and an iPad mini, on 12.1.1 .no problems

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please don’t turn this into a this is why you shouldn’t buy their products there are millions of satisfied owners worldwide.

No, but keep an open mind and ask the question "is this deliberate to sell services or new units". Nothing would surprise me today - eg VW.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No, but keep an open mind and ask the question "is this deliberate to sell services or new units". Nothing would surprise me today - eg VW.
I’ve got an iPhone 6s and an iPhone Xs - the battery life on the Xs is way better than the older phone. One is mine the other work so need to keep both going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
There have been several suggested fixes posted, a lot of users are disabling the screen time app with an immediate improvement in battery consumption. I am just to busy this next few days to carry out checks and tests will give it a good go after Boxing Day.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
There have been several suggested fixes posted, a lot of users are disabling the screen time app with an immediate improvement in battery consumption. I am just to busy this next few days to carry out checks and tests will give it a good go after Boxing Day.

Yes that’s it I remember now...... I disabled that and it was better....(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back