Anyone with Moho near M60 near J23 area? - Need help & will pay £75 (22 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi. We live near Junction 23 of the M60 and need to check if a Moho of 2.23 width will fit through the gap down our drive.

If you can help, we'll give you £75 for your troubles.

Thanks. The Edwards crew of Two.

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I should add that my old 2.2m width caravan went through when I had gates on the wall, and I never scratched that - and I've now removed the gates.
As we are all hopefully sensible people, we should be able to monitor if there is a chance of a scratch - in which case we simply stop, and you drive away with £75 👍

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Hi. We live near Junction 23 of the M60 and need to check if a Moho of 2.23 width will fit through the gap down our drive.

If you can help, we'll give you £75 for your troubles.

Thanks. The Edwards crew of Two.
If you can straighten up a 100% and add folded mirror width then you should be able to work it out, trouble starts when you can’t straighten up before very narrow gaps and people lacking confidence or skill👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I should add that my old 2.2m width caravan went through when I had gates on the wall, and I never scratched that - and I've now removed the gates.
As we are all hopefully sensible people, we should be able to monitor if there is a chance of a scratch - in which case we simply stop, and you drive away with £75 👍
Worst case scenario if you can't get a volunteer can you not make a rectangular frame out of roof battens and walk that through. At least it will give you some idea.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all so far. The wing mirrors fold to a thinner dimension than the van, so that's not a worry, but I need to be definite about it, and not just a good/ pretty good guess, as we've found our dream van and need to know it will actually fit.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
I don’t think I’d risk scratching my pride and joy for £75, however small the risk might be. Why don’t you hire a Luton box van or something similar for a day and give it a go yourself. Or hire a motorhome with the same dimensions for a weekend and have a trip away as well. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back