Another motorhome driver trying to increase motorhome popularity (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Must be honest (not in mother and toddler spaces) but on one occasion I found myself having to park sideways on two spaces as the alternative was to block the road.

Another time the security man came out of the Range and guided me to do that so that I didn't block the road. I was apologetic but he said 'No. It's the only sensible thing to do.'

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not great parking but haven’t people got anything better to do than moan? For all we know there may have been two mums with young children in the Hymer so therefore they were entitled to park there and take two spaces? Pathetic.
The point is that every time somebody parks in such a way it provides extra ammunition to those who want an excuse not to listen to arguments for better facilities for motorhome parking.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Must be honest (not in mother and toddler spaces) but on one occasion I found myself having to park sideways on two spaces as the alternative was to block the road.

Another time the security man came out of the Range and guided me to do that so that I didn't block the road. I was apologetic but he said 'No. It's the only sensible thing to do.'
That's fine Joy and I don't suppose anyone would have objected if the driver had parked like that in ordinary spaces.
As the story makes clear (and I know from personal experience) that car park is hardly ever full.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I'd be so annoyed...

If someone called my Hymer a Campervan.
:dance2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I bet the owner is peed off they called his lovely Motorhome a campervan :)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
At supermarkets like Tesco I park at the back and across about 4 spaces, or if I can get on the end of a run of double spaces, I can just fit in two and overlap the roadway a little.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
At supermarkets like Tesco I park at the back and across about 4 spaces, or if I can get on the end of a run of double spaces, I can just fit in two and overlap the roadway a little.
The only problem with doing that was that you failed to mention that it was in the smart car...........:D

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Should there be a positive point made in this report?

It should highlight both the lack of space for larger vehicles, and in this case large vehicles with children on board

There is currently a problem with disabled persons with no outward sign of disability using blue badges

Too many times folk jump to the wrong conclusion, and the press make up a story about it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looking at the pic there was room to reverse in and overhang the no man's land tarmac beyond the bays rear marking plus the bit of garden beyond that...... But they'd still get berated for using a patent & child space.... Even if they had a child onboard
And even if the nose stuck out a foot of two it wasn't exactly going to block the road.... I've seen worse parking with car drivers.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you scroll down the linked news report in the OP, there is a comment purportedly by the owner of the MH who said he had 3 children on board and permission to use 2 of those spaces.

A non-story for a slow news day.
Purportedly being the operative word. The Gazette's forum is full of people who post wind-ups.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Purportedly being the operative word. The Gazette's forum is full of people who post wind-ups.

So is this forum..........:whistle:;)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
at first I had to check if it was @old-mo searching for his new abode

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just some Green eyed Monster Media/Reporter trying to make a point about motorhomes.

Come to South Manchester. Plenty of Premium Car owners (chelsea tractors mainly). Who will park across tow spaces in Waitrose to avoid getting car park door dings.

Indeed, sit and people watch how many People park up outside the supermarket 10 min loading only zones and toddle off to the Supermarket restaurant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back