An altercation with a sun canopy (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
So pulled in for diesel yesterday, large garage near Schluchsee, didn't see a wind out sun canopy over the shop window.
Who puts a sun canopy in front of pump Number 1. Expecting a head height of 4.2 metres instead meet one of 2.8m. Let's say the outcome was inevitable.
Cashier comes running out with a broom in her hand, at first thought it was to hit me with but later discovered it was her chosen mode of transport. Lifted the canopy with her transportation device and wound in the canopy. No problem, so I thought. But as I'd scratched the front rail I was told I would have to pay for the canopy. I complained there should be warning signs prohibiting High vehicles from using pump 1. But the ww of the west was having none of it and phoned the police. I politely waited for a hour for them to arrive , mean time asking ww of w. How much she expected me to pay for a scratch, the canopy still worked perfectly by the way. She said she had no idea, so I how can I pay if you have no idea was my reply
The police arrived, both younger than my children, now I know I'm getting old lol.
They reviewed the cctv, had a conversation with ww of the w. Checked my documents took loads of photos and said it was a case for the insurance and not a big issue and sent me on my way.
Didn't buy any diesel 😂.
Moral of the story look. Look and look again.👀

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
FYI - Google has recently mapped Germany, the last European country by quarter of a century to be mapped.
It now means, like everywhere else you can now use Google Earth to check out locations.

This also means you can now also add reviews!
This 'new' technology is going to come as a surprise to many Germans.

But it means you can get in now, and leave the fuel station a one star review, in English, telling your story.
It will be there for several years as it will take the Germans quite a long time to realise that things like reviews matter and the number of people will increase manyfold over the next few years.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
FYI - Google has recently mapped Germany, the last European country by quarter of a century to be mapped.
It now means, like everywhere else you can now use Google Earth to check out locations.

This also means you can now also add reviews!
This 'new' technology is going to come as a surprise to many Germans.

But it means you can get in now, and leave the fuel station a one star review, in English, telling your story.
It will be there for several years as it will take the Germans quite a long time to realise that things like reviews matter and the number of people will increase manyfold over the next few years.
Can’t see that worrying them.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
If it was a scam why would she call the police?
You need to ask why a person would install a sub 4m wind out canopy next to a fuel station entrance without lots of notifications about the height restriction.

It could be just stupidity.
I also suspect the canopy will not last long, as it will get hit again and again
But a potential nice little earner whilst it does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back