Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
Currently in Manilva, nearer to Gib.
Thinking of moving East towards Almeria.
Any recommendations for a nice campsite nearish to facilities, beach, small town.
We don’t have Bikes.
Thanks.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Before you get to the other end of the South of Spain, we can recommend;
Autocaravanas Puerto de Caleta de Velas.
Glued to the side of a marina, they've upgraded the pitches to all EHU, there are bars and restaurants in the vicinity and Lidl ain't far away.
Apparently it's about £11 incl. EHU.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
Before you get to the other end of the South of Spain, we can recommend;
Autocaravanas Puerto de Caleta de Velas.
Glued to the side of a marina, they've upgraded the pitches to all EHU, there are bars and restaurants in the vicinity and Lidl ain't far away.
Apparently it's about £11 incl. EHU.

That looks very good, thank you Emmit.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
We have arrived at Autocaravanas Puerto de Caleta de Velas.
Good spot now 13.50e pn incl. EHU right on Marina.
Aldi shop nearby.
Funny thing is as we drove along the seafront there is a large Blue & White Lighthouse right in the middle of the Prom.
We both said we’ve been here before, Torre del Mar.
A few years ago.
Great advice, & we had a nice drive here too. Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
On your way to Almeria I can recommend Camping Playa de Poniente at Motril. Right on the beach, supermarket within walking distance. Bus outside gate into fabulous town centre which is also walkable, miles of beautiful beach outside the gate.

If it’s Almeria city you want to visit I can recommend Camping Roquetas at Roquetas de Mar but it is really best to have bikes there. However you can do a good walk to supermarkets and frequent bus into the city. The city is very nice to visit 😊

Further along the coast is Aguilas, a very nice town and walking distance from Camping Bellavista which is another very nice site.

All those are ACSI too I believe

I can absolutely recommend a really beautiful site in the Cabo de Gata Park in Almeria but you’d have to drive to shop ect. which is easily doable & see stunning places. Can walk to beautiful places, if able to. The park was on my bucket list and it was great to visit, Spain’s only real desert lands. Let me know if this may fit your needs

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 652
Exp
Many Years
If you fancy something a bit different then Fort Bravo the old Spaghetti western movie sets are just inland a bit from Almeria. That’s a fun day out and you won’t need bikes for that place. Just up the road a bit on search for sites you can find a camper park called Little Texas. Eric who runs the place is just one of the nicest guys you could meet and a day or two there swimming in the pool is relaxation indeed.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
If you fancy something a bit different then Fort Bravo the old Spaghetti western movie sets are just inland a bit from Almeria. That’s a fun day out and you won’t need bikes for that place. Just up the road a bit on search for sites you can find a camper park called Little Texas. Eric who runs the place is just one of the nicest guys you could meet and a day or two there swimming in the pool is relaxation indeed.
Worth knowing. We visited El Rocio, that was a funny place all sand, horses and was used in The Good the Bad & the Ugly.
Nice site with a lovely pool and it as so hot we certainly used it.

OP
OP
Lee16

Lee16

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo
Exp
Since 2015
On your way to Almeria I can recommend Camping Playa de Poniente at Motril. Right on the beach, supermarket within walking distance. Bus outside gate into fabulous town centre which is also walkable, miles of beautiful beach outside the gate.

If it’s Almeria city you want to visit I can recommend Camping Roquetas at Roquetas de Mar but it is really best to have bikes there. However you can do a good walk to supermarkets and frequent bus into the city. The city is very nice to visit 😊

Further along the coast is Aguilas, a very nice town and walking distance from Camping Bellavista which is another very nice site.

All those are ACSI too I believe

I can absolutely recommend a really beautiful site in the Cabo de Gata Park in Almeria but you’d have to drive to shop ect. which is easily doable & see stunning places. Can walk to beautiful places, if able to. The park was on my bucket list and it was great to visit, Spain’s only real desert lands. Let me know if this may fit your needs
Thank you. Been to Roquetas but like you say a good walk to the Port.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I578
Exp
since 2012
Another vote for El Rocio, another world!

Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The park was on my bucket list and it was great to visit, Spain’s only real desert lands.
Have you not done the Navzrra desert then?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back