Rally Chat Alleged thefts at the Malvern Show (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
It is common, we have had issues at a number of shows, Malvern does seem to attract more though, and yes they were there this year.

Well, I can only report what I find.

Perhaps there is some benefit in me being big and ugly because, personally, I have NEVER had any problems.
I wonder why you have had 'a number' ? šŸ¤”

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I suspect exhibitors may see and hear different things to campers. I also suspect there is a little extra security when camping with a club. The marshals sometimes spot things of concern and let security know, plus Fun's way of introducing yourself your neighbours (hopefully everyone does that?) means that other Funsters may well make make it difficult for those with ulterior motives.

If people don't follow the suggestion to introduce yourself to your neighbours as in the rally newsletter Jim prepares with such care for the rallies he and Sian attend, then you are depleting the natural security that comes with knowing who those parked around you are. I suspect that more difficult in teh exhibition area though.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Well, I can only report what I find.

Perhaps there is some benefit in me being big and ugly because, personally, I have NEVER had any problems.
I wonder why you have had 'a number' ? šŸ¤”
Not just me, Ive seen them hit lots of traders. They train the kids to do it and send them out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks, now I understand. I helped a trader friend of mine for about 10yrs attending Steam Fairs all over the South of England.
The worst one was the Dorset Steam Fair šŸ˜©
The Dorset Steam Fair was particularly bad. The last ever one I attended was awful. Groups of young children and teenagers wandering around with festival trollies and bolt croppers. I have never held my bag so tight. My friend who was showing a small engine said that they had 24hr security because of the thefts. Very sad times.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The Dorset Steam Fair was particular bad. The last ever one I attended was awful. Groups of young children and teenagers wandering around with festival trollies and bolt croppers. I have never held my bag so tight. My friend who was showing a small engine said that they had 24hr security because of the thefts. Very sad times.
The one and only time my friends went in the late 80's, they sold homemade cakes and to safeguard the produce, the husband had to sit up all night with the cakes and I helped his wife during the day.

Hands still occasionally appeared from under the stall tables and nick a cake even while we were busy serving! šŸ˜”

They decided, although they sold out, that with the price of the stand, the stress and the stealing, they could make as much money at smaller shows without the hassle! šŸ¤”

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back