All right hand indicators stopped working. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
I have a 2022 Carthago C-Compactline on a fiat ducato base..

We are currently on holiday and the right hand side indicator has stopped working. I get the faster flashing that indicates a bad bulb but, nothing is working at the right side Same with hazards. Left side is OK.

I have managed to swap a bulb in the back cluster, but I am struggling with the front, due to very limited access and 35c heat. Looking at the bulb in the front and the one I removed from the rear, they both look OK. I thought we may have a blown fuse, but the fuse diagram I have does not mention indicators.

Any ideas apart from a Garage?

Cheers.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Hi,
I have a 2022 Carthago C-Compactline on a fiat ducato base..

We are currently on holiday and the right hand side indicator has stopped working. I get the faster flashing that indicates a bad bulb but, nothing is working at the right side Same with hazards. Left side is OK.

I have managed to swap a bulb in the back cluster, but I am struggling with the front, due to very limited access and 35c heat. Looking at the bulb in the front and the one I removed from the rear, they both look OK. I thought we may have a blown fuse, but the fuse diagram I have does not mention indicators.

Any ideas apart from a Garage?

Cheers.
I would say you have a bulb or wire issue that has shorted the power supply. Due to this the BCU (computer) will stop the power going out on that circuit. You will have a rear indicator, one side repeater, originally in wing mirror and the front headlight. Remove what you can and test system each time rather than leaving indicators constantly on as once it has decided to kill power, it won’t keep trying as it is a canbus system.

OP
OP
P
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
No towbar. Side repeater is LED and in the body rather than the side mirrors. I am struggling to change the front bulb as the access is awful. It has a metal clip holding in what I think is a round Hella light, but I can't release it, no matter what, with push, squeeze pull etc..Will keep trying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Can you just disconnect the power supply to the light if you can’t get bulb out?
If it thinks failed bulb, it should allow what is working to then flash but at double speed.

OP
OP
P
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
1000004594.jpg

IMG20240811143129.jpg

OP
OP
P
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
It does flash at double speed a
Can you just disconnect the power supply to the light if you can’t get bulb out?
If it thinks failed bulb, it should allow what is working to then flash but at double speed.
It does flash at double speed it is with nothing on the right working.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It does flash at double speed a

It does flash at double speed it is with nothing on the right working.

I understand that. What I’m saying is if the electrical short is removed it may allow the ok bulbs to flash but be at the increased speed. Where you currently have no flashing bulbs on that side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Jun 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Since 2015
Ok update..I've swapped out the back for a new bulb. Still the same..I have now managed to swap the front for a new bulb. Tried again first with the rear cluster bulb removed and then the front.. Still the same. Also new bulbs have done nothing. Did a visual inspection of the wiring. It all looks good as far as I can see. Only thing left is the LED side repeater.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back