Alde 3030 "your pcb is most likely broken" (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Woke up this morning to a cold van, and have no heating as getting a gas failure message as above, can this be reset, or is it back to dealers for a new board?

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
On the 3010(?) there was a thermal fuse on the pcb which accounted for our Alde heating stopping abruptly. Worth checking that your 3030 has the same arrangement and that there is continuity through the fuse. Constant heating and cooling can eventually cause these to go dead.

If that turns out to be your problem, in an emergency you can cut it out whilst keeping the tails as long as possible. Then use the tails and a short connector to bridge the gap until you can get a replacement thermal fuse.

Replacement fuse was a couple of quid - doesn't need to be soldered in, we used electrical connectors.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i know this is for a different PCB, but they might be able to repair it rather then the cost of a new one?

i also think there is somewhere on Severalls Trading Estate that repair PCB's .....?

Hagstrom offered a potential solution ??

manual attached in case you cant find yours?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On the 3010(?) there was a thermal fuse on the pcb which accounted for our Alde heating stopping abruptly. Worth checking that your 3030 has the same arrangement and that there is continuity through the fuse. Constant heating and cooling can eventually cause these to go dead.

If that turns out to be your problem, in an emergency you can cut it out whilst keeping the tails as long as possible. Then use the tails and a short connector to bridge the gap until you can get a replacement thermal fuse.

Replacement fuse was a couple of quid - doesn't need to be soldered in, we used electrical connectors.
Thanks, unfortunately as a brand new van, I don't particularly want to start messing too much, back to the dealers or alde I think......

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Got be worth turning off and back on a few times see if it clears

On ours I routinely need to turn off the Reich controller to shut everything down and this usually clears annoying issues

Maybe pull the big fuse by the leisure battery

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Update:

Spoke to alde this morning (very helpful as usual) and they said when the gas fails for any reason you have to isolate and restart the boiler 12v (must be a new thing never had to before?) tried switching off via hymer control panel 12v and boiler but only switched off the panel, pulled the 12v 10a fuse and it was fine when restarted, for a few minutes, it seems our has was low, I switched the bottles over via the duo and it worked fine (annoyingly queried this at handover and was told the controller should just be switched off! It seems if switched on it will switch over and go red to advise)

Looks all sorted now, just need to refill on our next outing, thanks for everyone's help.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

Exactly what we did.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back